Lamborghini Will Never Build A Manual Transmission Car Again

mikal jason

Aug 19, 2023, 3:01:56 AM8/19/23
to Email

The Gallardo was the last Lamborghini with a manual transmission. The Italian automaker launched the Aventador without a manual transmission option and, starting with the launch of the Huracan in 2014, chose to focus solely on vehicles with an automatic transmission. However, this decision seems to have been made a long time ago. In 2011, Maurizio Reggiani, Lamborghini's then R&D director and the company's then chief technology officer, said that manual transmission cars had no future in the company's lineup, as MotorTrend reported more than a decade ago. What prompted this change?

In January 2014, very few Gallardos were ordered with a manual transmission – very few in fact, Autoguide quoted company CEO Steven Winkelmann as saying that the automaker's team would have to double-check with the dealership where the order was placed. received. Make sure there are no errors in the manual submission request.

In addition to reducing the demand for manual transmission cars, Lamborghini's advanced drivetrain technology, starting with the Huracan, also provides total control of the vehicle, and using a manual clutch can be nerve-wracking. Reggioni told Road & Track in 2016 that using a clutch "creates a communication gap between what the engine can deliver and how the car responds to the engine's power."

The CEO also stated during the interview that while the decision to ditch the manual gearbox was not an easy one, the automatic chassis control system in the new Lambos means there really isn't any other option. Reggiani said, "If you want to control the power, the clutch has to be controlled by the car's mind, not yours."

You May Also Like to Read: https://www.lambocars.com/gated-manual/

Let's go back to when supercars still had manual transmissions with this Lamborghini Murcielago Shift Lever. It seems like a long time ago, but this car is actually not that old.

We've all heard it: "Supercars are so fast now that putting in a manual transmission would slow them down." who cares? A stick shifter and three paddles are still more fun than rubber paddles. We don't have much information about this particular green Lamborghini Murcielago, other than it's from 2006 - so it's not that old at all. Hey, we don't even have any good exterior pictures of the car. We know its "melt your eyes lime green" name is Verde Ithaca.

But of course what we're really interested in is the closed transmission. This type of car is becoming less common. The list of available manual transmission supercars has become so thin that we really can't think of any cars other than the Audi R8 and the Ferrari California - and the latter, from what we've heard, is only from special people. Only available on Order if they make it anymore.

The thing is, cars like these are special and some of us still hold them in high esteem. After all, we always say here that everyone should learn to drive.

But alas, here is another one! This is a stick shift Lamborghini Murcielago Red with Cream Red interior.

It also has this great transmission. Fortunately, we also have a full picture of the car. Admittedly, it's not the prettiest picture with all kinds of sticks and people getting out of cars. It's not our best photo moment, but at least you can see the car in question. Of course, we love the car's green interior, with upgraded carbon fiber panels and matching green stitching. However, the red interior of this model for some reason reminds the cockpit of a racing cigarette boat. It's leather, even though it's not vinyl.

A look at Lamborghini's website now only shows manuals for the new Huracan and the current Aventador. Further research revealed that Lambo built the 6-speed manual engine for all Gallardo production. At the time of writing, there are still some solid 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo convertibles available. So... Hint, hint. If you want a new Lamborghini with a manual transmission, you'll have to act now, because this will likely be the last of the manual Lambos.

The Lamborghini Murcielago was introduced in 2001, when manual transmissions were still the norm for supercars. Although Lambo made the Mercedes a paddle shifter, the car still rides on a stick shifter. However, the Gallardo was introduced in 2003 and has always been seen differently because it is the "Audi Lambo". Although the Gallardo continues to carry the gearshift torch to this day, it is said to be equally suited to manual and dual-clutch transmissions.