Dagomo marlin ? smoothieware ?

Moi Toi

Apr 18, 2020, 10:19:02 AM4/18/20
to Smoothieware Support
Hi

Question is about dagoma discoeasy200 (my wife like to order this printer) I like to know if this is possible to flash this one with smoothieware and use with smoopy ?

For a similar amount ~400 (maybee more like 600/700) is there any better product smoothieware compatible ?

I'm from France and already use smoothie for a mill so i like to continu using the same software solution.

Br

Arthur Wolf

Apr 18, 2020, 11:34:30 AM4/18/20
to Smoothieware Support
I don't know much about that hardware, do you have a link / specifications?

勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 18, 2020, 4:23:03 PM4/18/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com

I think they use marlin but I’m really unsure

If you know any good model that is already smoothieware capable I like to know.

On the other side for Later I have planned to converting a isel ep1090 with e3d hemera extruder but this extruder is unavailable for now. And at the end it can be better to use a dedicated machine (i think more faster than the isel)

Le 18 avr. 2020 à 16:19, Moi Toi <golf...@gmail.com> a écrit :

dagoma discoeasy200

Arthur Wolf

Apr 18, 2020, 4:48:45 PM4/18/20
to Smoothieware Support
We need to know the details of the electronics. Smoothie requires the LPC1769 chip to run, does that have that chip?

勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 18, 2020, 5:50:30 PM4/18/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
I think

Le 18 avr. 2020 à 22:48, Arthur Wolf <wolf....@gmail.com> a écrit :

LPC1769

Moi Toi

Apr 18, 2020, 7:13:34 PM4/18/20
to Smoothieware Support
I make a mistake the good printer is  Disco Ultimate and the card is F5 but unfortunatly Arduino based.

Golfo

Apr 19, 2020, 12:28:18 PM4/19/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Any suggestions for a good printer smoothieware compatible ?

Le 19 avr. 2020 à 01:13, Moi Toi <golf...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I make a mistake the good printer is  Disco Ultimate and the card is F5 but unfortunatly Arduino based.

Arthur Wolf

Apr 19, 2020, 12:30:03 PM4/19/20
to Smoothieware Support
Typically people will just get a good 3D printer kit without the electronics ( most kit sellers are able to sell without the electronics ), and use a Smoothieboard or similar as the electronics ( it's very easy to adapt to any machine. I can help if you have any issues ).
For advice on best kits, reddit or social media is probably a good place to find advice.

--
勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 19, 2020, 12:51:11 PM4/19/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
I know this is possible to adapt but the goal is ordered something ready for Covid chu printing and able to merge software to smoothie without changing the main board later.

I’m a little afraid for the time needed for convertir the mill and have something working quickly

Golfo

Apr 19, 2020, 12:54:02 PM4/19/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
For now we can only print this little parts with up plus2

image1.jpeg

Arthur Wolf

Apr 19, 2020, 1:22:21 PM4/19/20
to Smoothieware Support
Then you should really just get a smoothieboard, and install it in your machine, right?

--
勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 19, 2020, 1:36:24 PM4/19/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Hmm

The up plus2 is from my wife work.

My wife like to order for family usage a 20cmx20cm minimum machine ready to work

Me i like to convert my isel ep1099 mill that already have a genuine smoothie but I’m afraid for the time neeeded for adjusting the config and management for extruder temperature and other settings

So the goal for make all happy is found a ready to use printer that can support smoothieware firmware without changing the board so we can use it directly for helping a CHU and I can play later for use smoothieware without surcharge price.

I have already do some work for smoothie so I like to continu with your fw and I have also smoopy screen and have write my own driver for pendant (waiting for merge)

I’m completely lost for choosing

Moi Toi

Apr 27, 2020, 7:32:14 AM4/27/20
to Smoothieware Support
Hi

At the end i have ordered a used 3D head

i hope this is possible to make it work with my mill using the original smoothieboard

i have attached pinout from unit and pinout from original machine

Mostly need only step/dir + relay and pwm for fan

Temperature seem to be only configurable from control unit.

Pease what did you think ?

Pinout Sud-D 15 from 3D printer head.PNG
Pinout parallel + Sud-D 15 from machine.PNG

Arthur Wolf

Apr 27, 2020, 9:01:02 AM4/27/20
to Smoothieware Support
This should work, just follow the smoothie documentation for external stepper drivers. Ask if you run into trouble.

勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 27, 2020, 10:44:57 AM4/27/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
My mill have already 4 axis external stepper

Possible to use the 5th axis output step/dir for extruder ?
or is better to double wire from 4th external driver onto 3D print controler ?

I use fw compiled for use as 4th axis CNC

What is the best for me use the same fw and tweak some settings ?

Need to flash regular printer fw and flash each time I swap the spindle/3D head ?

Is there a way for swap only config.ini for both config ?

Sorry for ask many things and thanks for answers

Br

Arthur Wolf

Apr 27, 2020, 10:49:48 AM4/27/20
to Smoothieware Support
Oh that's actually going to be a bit complex. I don't know if you can use the extruder module *and* more than 3 axes. I don't think you can, I might be wrong.
Your options are to use a 5-axis CNC build, where A would be your 4th axis, and B your extruder ( smoothieware.org/6axis )
Or to use a dual extrusion 3D printer build, where your 4th axis would be an extruder, and your extruder another extruder.

--
勇気とユーモア

Golfo

Apr 27, 2020, 11:10:28 AM4/27/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
I don’t need to use the 4th axis with printer

I think I have not fully understand the fw selection, mostly regarding all the macro/config tweak/pendant imh this is more easy to keep a CNC fw maybee with 5axis.

But using smoopi as host need to swap config cnc layout regarding to this what append for gcode difference reprap/cnc ?

If you agree I like to speak French in private ?

Moi Toi

Apr 27, 2020, 11:14:28 AM4/27/20
to Smoothieware Support
or public but french can help a lot