printer stops printing

Tim Spracher

Jul 12, 2020, 4:34:53 PM7/12/20
to Smoothieware Support
My anet a8 based printer has been stopping roughly an hour or so into the print. I have been running from an SD card from viki 2 display. Reading some other post I used the USB with pronterface. When I got back home from my cook out the printer was stalled still at temp with the following message.

[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.'))

I have sleep mode turned off and was 10% into the print. Thoughts. Thanks Tim

Arthur Wolf

Jul 12, 2020, 5:34:55 PM7/12/20
to Smoothieware Support
What board do you have, and what does your config look like? Using latest firmware and config?

勇気とユーモア

Tim Spracher

Jul 12, 2020, 6:49:07 PM7/12/20
to Smoothieware Support
V1 5X config file attached the saved original config file is from 4/19. I don't think it is the latest but has been working fine for months.

I currently have it printing directly from the smoothieboards SD card using the viki 2 controller. I will see what happens.

config

Tim Spracher

Jul 14, 2020, 10:08:27 AM7/14/20
to Smoothieware Support
Arthur,
I had filament jam at 49% which is the furthest I have gotten. Did you have a chance to look at my config file? Should I reflash my firmware before I start printing again?
Thank you for your time.

Arthur Wolf

Jul 14, 2020, 10:21:59 AM7/14/20
to Smoothieware Support
Remote SD Cards are pretty much well known for having crashes on a regular basis. Would you mind trying to print from the on-board SD card and see if it helps?

--
勇気とユーモア

wolfmanjm

Tim Spracher

Jul 14, 2020, 5:45:13 PM7/14/20
to Smoothieware Support
Arthur,
I attached is my pinout for the viki2. What would be your recommended changes to disconnect the external SD card and keep the rest of the functions operational. My thoughts are I comment out everything under external card and disconnect from pin 0.27 and 0.28. Its funny though I have been printing in this configuration for a couple of years now with no issue. Why now, anyway, I have cleaned things up with my printer and will give it another shot. Thanks for your help
VIKI-2.0 LCD to Smoothieboard wiring.xlsx

wolfmanjm

Jul 15, 2020, 6:59:21 AM7/15/20
to Smoothieware Support
ok as you are using the alternate sdcard connections no need to disconnect them. (Some people use the internal sdcard spi connections which would need to be disconnected)

I would just comment out the external sdcard in config and play from the internal sdcard.

Noise is unpredictable, and any change in wiring or routing of power cables can change it.

If it still has issues playing from the internal sdcard then you need to look elsewhere for the problems.

Tim Spracher

Jul 15, 2020, 7:01:28 AM7/15/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Thanks for your help.