Real-time speed control

Pawel M

Jul 8, 2020, 6:22:06 AM7/8/20
to Smoothieware Support
Hi there,

I communicate with my smoothie via usb serial where I sent all the commands. I've been trying to find anything on how to change the speed while I have a program (gcode) already running from a text file. I use "play" command which streams the gcode saved in a text file line after line. However, to my understanding, the play command will stream all the gcode in the file before it takes any other serial commands so I cannot change F parameter until it's finished.

I was wondering if there is a command like "set_temp"  for setting the temperature, which allows changing the temperature anytime during the operation but for speed adjustment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Pawel

wolfmanjm

Jul 8, 2020, 6:26:42 AM7/8/20
to Smoothieware Support
You want to look at the M220 gcode. It scales the speed by a percentage. It is documented in the WIKI as are all other gcodes smoothie accepts.

Pawel M

Jul 8, 2020, 6:30:29 AM7/8/20
to Smoothieware Support
Thank you! This is what I was looking for.