Smoothie newbie trying to Z-probe using bl-touch

Mameniac

Dec 3, 2020, 2:27:48 PM12/3/20
to Smoothieware Support

Hi everybody.
Maybe this is "anothe one" of these z-probe mails, but after "probing" a week, braking my printer I got pretty much frustrated and now I really need help.
I own a Ender3, wich is working fine, after I did a sh@it-ton of modifications and I own a "self-made" Delta Printer (Forge-Bot) wich is powered with an arduiono and a Ramps 1.4 on its top and running smoothieware.
At all the printer is "working" but as you know, calibrating a Delta is a pain.
So I decided NOT to do it manually and installed a BL-Touch clone (3D-Touch V3).
I connected the probe as I found instructions in the web and YT and the probe is doing its initialisation when I fire the printer up. Light is on, the probe detracts 2 times and it should be fine. So I read the Smoothie documentation about the Z-probe settings in the config.
I enabled the part and let everything "default". Radius should be fine, and pin 1.28 (where ever pin 1.28 is) should be ok, because 1.28^! is one of the endstops so 1.28^ should be the z-probe, right ?
The connectors are xmin-ymax y-min-ymax nd z-min-zmax .. thats pin 1.26^! to 1.28^!.
If I home the printer using G28 all is fine. If I use G32 it will start to do the calibration procedure (wich is enabled in the config), but it will do it at the top of the printer. its ignoring the endstops the, crashing into top-end, braking the sliders apart and what ever.
So I printed spare-parts using my Ender and give it a try again ..
I have no idea what I can check, or what I did wrong.
and now, after breaking my printer 3 times I'm going to ask for help.
What Information do you need that you like to help me by any chance ?
I only can say : please help 'cause I'm really frustrated right now.
Maybed its not my day this month.

Regards
Mameniac

Arthur Wolf

Dec 5, 2020, 8:05:43 AM12/5/20
to Smoothieware Support
On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 8:27 PM Mameniac <dietmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everybody.
Maybe this is "anothe one" of these z-probe mails, but after "probing" a week, braking my printer I got pretty much frustrated and now I really need help.
I own a Ender3, wich is working fine, after I did a sh@it-ton of modifications and I own a "self-made" Delta Printer (Forge-Bot) wich is powered with an arduiono

Do you mean Arduino? Smoothieware doesn't run on that. Can you clarify?

and a Ramps 1.4 on its top and running smoothieware.
At all the printer is "working" but as you know, calibrating a Delta is a pain.
So I decided NOT to do it manually and installed a BL-Touch clone (3D-Touch V3).
I connected the probe as I found instructions in the web and YT and the probe is doing its initialisation when I fire the printer up. Light is on, the probe detracts 2 times and it should be fine. So I read the Smoothie documentation about the Z-probe settings in the config.
I enabled the part and let everything "default". Radius should be fine, and pin 1.28 (where ever pin 1.28 is) should be ok, because 1.28^! is one of the endstops so 1.28^ should be the z-probe, right ?

You need to make sure a pin is not used by two things. If 1.28 is used for your zprobe, you need to make sure it's plugged into the right port, and that your zprobe module is configured to use 1.28, and that your endstops module is configured not to use pin 1.28 ( configuration for zmax set to "nc", or zmin whatever setup you are using )

The connectors are xmin-ymax y-min-ymax nd z-min-zmax .. thats pin 1.26^! to 1.28^!.
If I home the printer using G28 all is fine. If I use G32

Don't do that.
Test with M119 first, then if that gives the expected results, try G30 first.

it will start to do the calibration procedure (wich is enabled in the config), but it will do it at the top of the printer. its ignoring the endstops the,

Did you home first?

crashing into top-end, braking the sliders apart and what ever.
So I printed spare-parts using my Ender and give it a try again ..
I have no idea what I can check, or what I did wrong.
and now, after breaking my printer 3 times I'm going to ask for help.

Reduce the current on the stepper motors to the lowest value at which they will move without stalling in normal situation. That way if they crash into something they won't break it and will just stall.

What Information do you need that you like to help me by any chance ?
I only can say : please help 'cause I'm really frustrated right now.
Maybed its not my day this month.

Regards
Mameniac

勇気とユーモア