Still can’t get G32 to work properly.

lornetw

Mar 12, 2022, 2:57:08 PM3/12/22
to Smoothieware Support

 3D printer type: CoreXY; controller: Azteeg X5 Mini v1.0, Windows 10, Repetier Host v2.2.4, PrusaSlicer 2.40

Hi everybody. I have been trying to upgrade to automatic bed leveling, but I’ve been having a few problems. Last week on this forum I asked a question about why, after executing a G32, I was getting an error message: “No strategy found to handle G32”. My question was kindly answered that I should update my firmware.bin file, which I did. Thankfully I am no longer getting the error message, but now, when I do a G32, the carriage now does a rapid move to the left and hits the X axis limit switch.

My 3D printer is a CoreXY (build volume 290x290x300) with an Azteeg X5 mini v1.0 controller from Panucatt.com. The 3D printer has been running very well for almost a year. The machine zero is in the lower left corner. The probe is 25mm to the right of the nozzle. I know that the distance is exactly 25mm positive in X because I have my complete 3D printer in CAD (including the Touch MI and its mount). Therefore, in my Config.txt file, I entered the offset for the the z-probe as:

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.probe_offsets 25,0,0 # Optional probe offsets from the nozzle or tool head - Z Always zero

I don’t want the G32 to probe starting at X0, Y0. I would prefer that the probe would probe a grid from X25, Y25 to X240 (290-25-25 for the probe offset), Y265 (290-25) with 7 probe points in both the X and Y.

So I have 3 questions:

1) How do I stop the G32 command from crashing the carriage into the Xmin limit switch? Can I specify the above coordinates in the G32 line of code?

2) How do I correctly specify the start coordinates and size of the grid? Presently, I have entered the following in my Config.txt file:

# associated with zprobe the leveling strategy to use

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.enable true # The strategy must be enabled in the config, as well as the zprobe module.

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.x_size 280 # size of bed in the X axis

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.y_size 290 # size of bed in the Y axis

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.grid_x_size 7 # The size of the grid, for example, 7 causes a 7x7 grid with 49 points.

# Must be an odd number.

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.grid_y_size 7

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.do_home true

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.probe_offsets 25,0,0 # Optional probe offsets from the nozzle or tool head - Z Always zero

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.save false # If the saved grid is to be loaded on boot then this must be set to true leveling-

strategy.rectangular-grid.initial_height 10 # will move to Z10 before the first probe

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.human_readable true # Human readable formatting of probe table

3) After reading an article at: (http://smoothieware.org/pcb-milling), I wondered if it might be easier if I used:

leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid.only_by_two_corners true If I use this strategy, would I have to erase the whole (leveling-strategy.rectangular-grid-xxxx) section?

I know the Touch Mi is working and is detected properly by my controller (by checking it with an M119). Also, G30 works fine, reporting values in Z (example: Z22.2725 C:8909)

Anyway, my config.txt file can be read at: https://pastebin.com/Y2Ab0hV5. Any help would be appreciated.

Lorne Wilkins

wolfmanjm

Mar 14, 2022, 7:03:20 AM3/14/22
to Smoothieware Support
it always probes from 0,0 so if you have your probe 25mm to the right of the head it will try to move the head 25mm further to the left. this will of course hit your endstop.
You need to reduce the size of the plate by 25mm, and move the origin 0,0 so it is at least 25 mm further in from the endstop. You do this be chnaging the homing offsets.
I was pretty sure this is explained in detail on the wiki, if not then we need to add some verbiage to the wiki.