PWM settings playing with

Tafel Dekker

Mar 18, 2023, 12:34:04 PM3/18/23
to Smoothieware Support
Hello Everybody

I 'm inspired by Russ Sadler from RD works learning lab. During his youtube episodes 240 + 241 + 247 he played with the Timing of the pwm signal. This allows him to get the timing of each dots perfect.
Within my config file I found the setting : laser_module_pwm_period 20 # this sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds.

Is adjusting the PWM signal just as simple as adjusting the number 20 to e.g. 19.99? If it doesn't work, reset the setting by entering 20 again?

thanks in advance for the answer

Greetings
Bart

Arthur Wolf

Mar 19, 2023, 4:03:46 PM3/19/23
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's pretty much how config options work, indeed.

勇気とユーモア

Tafel Dekker

Mar 20, 2023, 7:48:15 PM3/20/23
to Smoothieware Support