Simplify3D 4.0 pausing with SmoothieBoard

Phil Davis

Sep 4, 2017, 3:11:27 PM9/4/17
to Smoothie-Dev

Is it my imagination, or has anyone else noticed S3D 4.0 pausing repeatedly during a print, for about 1 to 2 seconds.

I have a smothieboard and just the other day, upgraded my S3D to the latest version, 4.0.  Immediately, during my first print with the new version, I noticed the head pausing for a second or two, every few minutes.   Since there is no retract etc, this creates tiny blobs throughout the complete print.

This is totally new behavior for my system and the only thing that has changed is the S3D version.

Has anyone else noticed this?

My version of smothieware is edge-cfb4d1e.

Thanks
Phil

Wolfmanjm

Sep 5, 2017, 4:37:50 AM9/5/17
to Smoothie-Dev
S3D is known to not follow standard protocols or talk to smoothie correctly. I suspect they are yet again doing something stupid, i suggest you talk to them about it... and good luck with that!