v2-prime testing

Arthur Wolf

Aug 6, 2020, 12:46:23 PM8/6/20
to smoothie-dev
Hello.

We are getting very close to being done with the last design of Smoothieboard v2-prime.

This was the last milestone before we can start producing boards to fulfill the Kickstarter, so this is extremely exciting.

There were two runs of v2-prime protos, a first one beginning of this year ( prime alpha ), and one Chris is assembling/testing right now ( prime beta ).

The current batch (beta) is just two boards ( for money reasons, Corona hit pretty hard ), one will go to Jim Morris, who did the actual firmware for v2, so he can test his code on it, and the other will stay with Chris, who is assembling/testing these.

The previous batch of v2-prime boards though ( alpha ), we still have a few around ( They have a few minor defects which we can provide you info on ), that are not being used by any tester. It would be better for the project if somebody was testing these.

If anyone is interested in getting one of these boards v2-prime-alpha, contact me for details, wolf....@gmail.com .

We'd only ask for the prototyping cost of the board, however, if we are sending anyone any board, it isn't just so they can replace their v1 board and move on.

Ideally, we want people who ( in exchange for getting a bleeding-edge board before everybody else on the planet ) will put some work into testing as many aspects of the board as they ( reasonably ) can, help us discover possible issues, etc

Does that sound like something you can do? If so please email me, we need your help.

Thank you so much, you awesome community.

Cheers!

--
勇気とユーモア