Can I run smoothie ware on a Creality. 4.2.2.x board

radian...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2021, 11:07:30 AM6/3/21
to Smoothie-Dev
I have been running a Ender3 V2, a great machine. Combined with the Creality BOX, it’s very powerful..

BUT the Merlin Creality  software sucks. After using smoothie ware, it’s hard to go back. Is there a way to run smoothie ware on this machine using the 4.2.2.x 32 bit board.

Arthur Wolf

Jun 3, 2021, 11:08:42 AM6/3/21
to radian...@gmail.com, Smoothie-Dev
What chip is the board built around? Have any more info? Pictures, links?

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 5:07 PM radian...@gmail.com <radian...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been running a Ender3 V2, a great machine. Combined with the Creality BOX, it’s very powerful..

BUT the Merlin Creality  software sucks. After using smoothie ware, it’s hard to go back. Is there a way to run smoothie ware on this machine using the 4.2.2.x 32 bit board.

勇気とユーモア

radian...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2021, 2:46:50 PM6/3/21
to Smoothie-Dev

The markings on the chip are.

ARM    2

STM32F103

RET6

9912U 9U

MYS 99 005

It has onboard ‘silent’ step driver

There are many postings on YouTube re the Creality Ender 3 V2 its 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.7 boards.とユーモア

Arthur Wolf

Jun 3, 2021, 3:35:34 PM6/3/21
to radian...@gmail.com, Smoothie-Dev
Smoothie runs on LPC769, you'd need to do lots of coding to get it to work on that board.

--
勇気とユーモア