Smoothieware v2

Ross Hendrickson

Mar 26, 2017, 11:19:40 AM3/26/17
to Smoothie-Dev
Hey everyone,

Arthur pointed out the TODO list for v2 and I notice that ethernet/web server was on the list. Is anyone working on that right now? Also, if this is not the place https://github.com/Smoothieware/Smoothie2 to be looking at the code for v2 where is the right place? I thought I would take a stab at seeing what needed to actually be done there. I am finishing up some other work by the end of Q2 so I am eyeing this as a fun project for Q3.

Thanks,

Ross

Wolfmanjm

Mar 26, 2017, 1:05:07 PM3/26/17
to Smoothie-Dev
there is already a web server in nuttx, so not sure why this is on the todo list

Arthur Wolf

Mar 26, 2017, 1:12:43 PM3/26/17
to Wolfmanjm, Smoothie-Dev
The todo list is pretty old and should be updated.
Right now, we have Jim and Alan working on moving Smoothie to NuttX. Once that work is done, we will need help with Smoothie2 coding, but right now it's limited to both of them.

Courage et bonne humeur.

Ross Hendrickson

Mar 27, 2017, 9:35:35 AM3/27/17
to Smoothie-Dev, wolf...@gmail.com
Yeah, Arthur was just posting stuff on G+ and so I was looking through that. I mentioned it would be interesting to see what is left for Smoothie2 firmware/hardware to see where people can help (either help with $$ or coding). I'll circle back once you have finished the initial port to NuttX

Slobodan Vidovic

Oct 4, 2017, 12:27:59 PM10/4/17
to Smoothie-Dev
Why you designed Smoothie2 mini without heated bed ? I cant understand you intention or for who is this board ? I would gladly make some donation to V2 project but I cant find board that fit me. Im interested in 3d printing not cnc stuff you should make separate board for that stuff not like this.

Arthur Wolf

Oct 4, 2017, 12:40:50 PM10/4/17
to Slobodan Vidovic, Smoothie-Dev
Hey.

The v2-mini will have an option in the shop to have a heated bed extension for a few $ more.  Also there is a SSR port that would allow you to control your bed with a DC-SSR for about the same cost.

Cheers.