Starting to look at migrating to Smooks 2.0.0

Stryngfellow Lloyd

Mar 24, 2021, 10:27:51 PM3/24/21
to smook...@googlegroups.com
Smooks group:

New to this mailing list.  Thanks for having me.

Summary of current situation.  I have a Smooks 1.7.1 based X12/EDI application that I am considering migrating to Smooks 2.0.

Currently I parse and generate the 270/271 Eligibility, 276/277 Claim Status, 835/837 Claim & payment advice  X12 5010 transaction sets using EJCGEN based schemas.

I am considering moving to Smooks 2.0 since they are moving to the Daffodil based parser.

My main problem is I have had to incorporate some minor fixes to the Smooks EDI X12 parsing/generation scheme using a code fix to the Smooks baseline that never got integrated into the main code base.

I have been propogating that same fix since about Smooks 1.4 now and am wondering if anyone else has tried to moving X12 EDI Smooks based applications to Smooks 2.0 and what degree of success/challenges they are seeing.

Thank you.
Stryngfellow Lloyd.

Ivan Metla

Mar 25, 2021, 3:41:45 AM3/25/21
to Smooks Users
Hi Stryngfellow Lloyd,

I can't answer your question. I have a question for you.  Can you share an example to generate X12/EDI?

Claude Mamo

Mar 25, 2021, 4:09:28 PM3/25/21
to smook...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Stryngfellow! The EJC tool was pulled out from the EDI cartrdige in Smooks 2. I suggest the standard XJC is used to generate Java classes from the DFDL schemas. JAXB can then be used for marshalling the objects into XML and un-marshalling the XML into objects.

Claude