Q: Regd release date of tag of 2.0.0 from 2.0.0-RC1

Ahmad Basha Shaik

Oct 28, 2022, 7:25:38 PM10/28/22
to Smooks Development
Hello Claude,

Is there a plan to release a tag out of 2.0.0-RC1 of Smooks ?
If so, may I know , as to when the tag of 2.0.0 - the final stable version of 2.0.0-RC1 would be released ?

Regards
Ahmad

Claude Mamo

Nov 2, 2022, 2:46:07 PM11/2/22
to smook...@googlegroups.com
Is there a plan to release a tag out of 2.0.0-RC1 of Smooks ?

A pre-release was already published from the 2.0.0-RC1 tag.

If so, may I know , as to when the tag of 2.0.0 - the final stable version of 2.0.0-RC1 would be released ?

2.0.0-RC1 is a release candidate. 2.0.0-RC2 is next in line for release. The final stable version, that is 2.0.0, might take a while longer to come out. Informally, the core is stable since I'm not expecting any more breaking changes to it but there are some issues in the cartridges that I'd like to resolve before officially saying it's stable.

Claude

Mkordo Ff

Feb 1, 2023, 10:52:24 AM2/1/23
to Smooks Development
Hi Claude,

Thanks so much for all this work. I am wondering when do you plan to release the 2.0.0-RC2 ? do you have a date?  I am experimenting this issue https://github.com/smooks/smooks-edi-cartridge/issues/185 in d96a and I am looking forward to the next version and see if it solves this problem!!

Best Regards

Claude Mamo

Feb 3, 2023, 10:22:31 AM2/3/23
to smook...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering when do you plan to release the 2.0.0-RC2 ? do you have a date?

We could cut a release of the EDIFACT cartridge and update the Smooks BOM. Though could you confirm that the issue has been fixed? Don't forget to declare the snapshot repo
<snapshotRepository>
<id>ossrh</id>
<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
</snapshotRepository>
and reference the latest EDIFACT cartridge snapshot
<dependency>
<groupId>org.smooks.cartridges.edi</groupId>
<artifactId>smooks-edifact-cartridge</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
Claude

Claude Mamo

Feb 3, 2023, 10:48:41 AM2/3/23
to smook...@googlegroups.com
And now that I think about it, you only need to reference the latest snapshot of the EDIFACT schema pack that you are using:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.smooks.cartridges.edi</groupId>
    <artifactId>edifact-schemas</artifactId>
    <classifier>d93a</classifier>