[ANNOUNCE] Smooks 2.0.0-M2 Released

Claude Mamo

Nov 27, 2020, 9:52:31 AM11/27/20
to smook...@googlegroups.com
We're delighted to announce the second milestone release of Smooks 2. Notable new feature in this milestone include:

* SAX NG filter (experimental):
   * Supersedes the SAX and DOM filters
   * Brings with it a new visitor API which unifies the SAX and DOM visitor APIs
   * Cartridges migrated to SAX NG
   * Supports XSLT and StringTemplate resources unlike the legacy SAX filter
   * Easily extensible with interceptors

* Visitor mementos: a convenient way for stashing and un-stashing a visitor's state during its execution lifecycle.

* New Smooks XSD schema (xmlns="https://www.smooks.org/xsd/smooks-2.0.xsd"):
  * Uniform XML namespace declarations
  * Dropped default-selector-namespace and selector-namespace XML attributes in favour of declaring namespaces within the standard xmlns attribute from the smooks-resource-list element
  * Removed default-selector attribute from smooks-resource-list element: selectors need to be set explicitly

* org.smooks.container.ExecutionContext#getWriter(): a new method for writing to an output stream in an abstract way regardless of which filter is active.

* Starting from the EDIFACT cartridge 2.0.0-M2 release, we're publishing the Java bindings for the EDIFACT schemas

Detailed release notes can be viewed at: https://github.com/smooks/smooks/releases/tag/v2.0.0-M2. Release notes for cartridge releases are found in the cartridge repos.

Regards,

The Smooks Team