[URGENT DISCUSS] Migrate CI to Github Actions

Claude

Nov 17, 2020, 12:32:34 PM11/17/20
to Smooks Development
Builds are taking an insane amount of time to complete on travis-ci.org due to the large backlog of open source projects. This is holding up progress towards finalising 2.0.0-M2.

As discussed by Jeff Geerling, travis-ci.org has purposely limited its build capacity and its encouraging users to move to travis-ci.com. However, moving to travis-ci.com isn't a viable option given that "Travis CI announced new pricing model, effectively ending its generous open source offering".

I'm proposing we migrate to GitHub Actions since at the moment it appears to be all the rage for open source projects and its free! Our CI configs are simple and therefore migrating to GitHub Actions should be trivial.

Claude

Tom Fennelly

Nov 17, 2020, 12:49:12 PM11/17/20
to smook...@googlegroups.com