Serious error

Sherman Watkins

Aug 5, 2023, 5:06:15 PM8/5/23
to smokeringbbq
I just dug to the very bottom of the deep freezer.
The winner, so far, is some country ham slices dated 2009.
I never should have looked. Now I have five laundry baskets of stuff to sort through.
Apparently, I wasn't working my way through it very well.
The garbage could be mighty fragrant this week once some of this thaws.

--
Sherm
Smoking in Montana's Banana Belt

JEFF QUADE

Aug 5, 2023, 6:33:30 PM8/5/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com, Sherman Watkins
A, be a man and smoke it all!😀
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5YAARAfVsbbDVgW_u4wxZ-GbtjK6HLjV4zXX7o-kGeCcQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Kevin Cleek

Aug 6, 2023, 9:00:45 AM8/6/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Don't be too hard on yourself.  In 2021, I found some ribs that were old enough to vote!  They were delicious.

Kevin

Spare Ribs - 20210213_162743_resized.jpg

Robert King

Aug 6, 2023, 9:59:53 AM8/6/23
to The Smoke Ring
We still think someone else is writing your emails after you ate those……

“Don’t take the brown acid man…..or the brown meat!"

Robert King

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/4af64264-5004-3baf-406a-b93fb198008a%40earthlink.net.
<Spare Ribs - 20210213_162743_resized.jpg>

James Stewart

Aug 6, 2023, 12:09:23 PM8/6/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
O.K. I may have missed any communication on Bob in Ga( Bob & Ginger) Bob is dealing with cancer. My wife had several texts with his wife Ginger, she indicated Bob didn't want any visits, calls, etc. So I just say if you are a mind to, pray for him and Ginger during this time.

Thanks

Jim Stewart   aka pigmanjim

FRANK BOYER

Aug 6, 2023, 1:22:32 PM8/6/23
to Smokeringbbq
Bob and Ginger  used to bring Big Jim to the Jack. I miss seeing them.
Frank

Gerry Curry

Aug 6, 2023, 2:12:22 PM8/6/23
to BBQ List List
That REALLY sucks! (First hand experience!… good now) I’ll be thinking about them both!

Joe Whittel

Aug 6, 2023, 4:16:13 PM8/6/23
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Sad to hear.  I met Big Jim, Bob and Ginger when cooking at the Jack with Nancee & Greg.  Thinking good thoughts and prayers for Bob.

Joe in Connecticut

Kevin Cleek

Aug 12, 2023, 11:22:21 PM8/12/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

If the meat has been kept frozen at about 0°F (easier in a manual defrost freezer) and the vacuum seals on the meat are good, your trash can might not have as much in it as you first expected.

Kevin

John Sigler

Aug 18, 2023, 5:51:23 PM8/18/23
to The Smoke Ring BBQ List
So sorry to hear about Bob. Hope all is going well for  you Jim. I miss the old BBQ guys.

James Stewart

Aug 18, 2023, 6:58:21 PM8/18/23
to 'John Sigler' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List
Doesn't look like it's going well. Ginger told my wife this week he was moved to a hospice room somewhere.  So I guess pray for Ginger during this time.

Pigmanjim and Myra.

James Stewart

Aug 21, 2023, 5:35:30 PM8/21/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
To everyone from the bbq list, sad news. Bob (of Bob and Ginger) in Ga passed away this am from cancer. He had been battling it for some time now.  As Ginger said at least he won't be suffering anymore.

Anyone who keeps up with the list, please forward this info to anyone who might know them.

Thanks

Pigmanjim  and Myra from S. Florida

On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 05:06:15 PM EDT, Sherman Watkins <tankw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Allan Clair

Aug 21, 2023, 5:38:10 PM8/21/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

May he RIP free of all pain.  Prayers to Ginger and her family.

Thanks and regards

Allan Clair

www.aapromotions.com

A&A Specialty Advertising

Toll Free:  888.548.4480

Lucy Baker

Aug 21, 2023, 5:39:11 PM8/21/23
to bbq bbq

Paul Reddick

Aug 21, 2023, 5:39:30 PM8/21/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Joe Whittel

Aug 21, 2023, 5:50:00 PM8/21/23
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Condolences to Ginger.  Met Bob at The Jack back in 2007,  he was a good guy.

Joe in Connecticut

Gerry Curry

Aug 21, 2023, 5:52:53 PM8/21/23
to BBQ List List
Sorry to hear. Never got to meet him but he was always helpful on the list. I’ll be thinking of Ginger.

Kevin Cleek

Aug 22, 2023, 1:37:28 AM8/22/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

So sorry to hear this.  Best wishes to hi family in their loss.

Kevin

james mccabe

Aug 22, 2023, 9:57:30 AM8/22/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
One of my BBQ heroes. A real renaissance man. RIP