anyone left...........

John Douglas

Jul 15, 2022, 2:40:52 PM7/15/22
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Since it will only be 103 today I decided to trim a slab of ribs To St
Louis cut and use the Traeger so I won't have to run back and forth to
the XL Egg. I figure in another hour I can turn it off and let the sun
take care of it! :)
Jana loves the trimmed pieces so that will be done way before the ribs
as a good snack.

Well after going through 163 cookers, I got old and have gone for a no
fuss easy cooker ............. Using a remote therm so I don't even have
to step outside! :)

Hope all is well with all that are left.............

Best Regards,

John D

Shawn Townsend

Jul 15, 2022, 3:43:57 PM7/15/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Hey John, I'm still here.  I'll never let my BBQ mentors go. Ya'll where the start of my BBQ CAREER! Enjoy those ribs.

Joe Whittel

Jul 15, 2022, 3:49:50 PM7/15/22
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
I am still here as well with WSM, GOSM, and Red Box.
Kids did get me a new toy, a pizza oven.  Putting BBQ on top of my pizza..

Joe in Connecticut

Visit The Smoke Ring website http://www.TheSmokeRing.com
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/819852292.1171000.1657914226983%40mail.yahoo.com.

Star...@patio-q.com

Jul 15, 2022, 3:51:51 PM7/15/22
to SmokeRingBBQ

I also are still here and read every email.

YS640S, is still my prime cooker.

Sammy Shuford
303 Heber Road
Summerville, SC
29485
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SmokeRingBBQ...@googlegroups.com

Visit The Smoke Ring website http://www.TheSmokeRing.com
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/819852292.1171000.1657914226983%40mail.yahoo.com.

Kevin Cleek

Jul 15, 2022, 7:54:24 PM7/15/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I'm still around, but putting most effort into  charcuterie, and just starting cheesemaking.  Here's a sample from a few months back.  Hope y'all are well.

Kevin

Charcuterie Plate - 20210918_160346_resized.jpg

Rory Remenak

Jul 15, 2022, 8:59:34 PM7/15/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Still here, finally burned out the ECB. Wife got me a gas grill, but can’t afford meat to cook on it, thankful cans of refried beans are still kind of affordable.

Robert King

Jul 15, 2022, 9:00:54 PM7/15/22
to The Smoke Ring
Boy that looks good Kevin! Care to list what you got there?

My daughter bought one of those Ooni pizza ovens and had us over to make us some pizzas. Boy was it good! I almost want to get one now.

I’m a woodworker and gave them some scraps of maple, cherry and her husband had some mesquite from his dad. Funny watching them time it all. She never noticed all that when she lived at home <G>.

I cooked a brisket a couple weeks ago. It’s been a long time since I did one. Came out real good. Found some Southside market sausage in the freezer that was in competition with Kevin. Probably only 5 years old though. Thought it wouldn’t be good but was very surprised. Nice snack for the cook!

Nice to hear from you all.

Robert King

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/ce51685e-225b-d7ed-4486-ed2bd0b3992f%40earthlink.net.
<Charcuterie Plate - 20210918_160346_resized.jpg>

Paul Reddick

Robert King

Gerry Curry

Jul 16, 2022, 6:40:50 AM7/16/22
to BBQ List List
Wow! This is the most activity in many months! I’m still here in sunny (sometimes foggy) Nova Scotia, and still rolling smoke. COVID has kept us fairly restricted for the last couple of years but thanks to our aggressive health care system we have remained relatively unscathed. Did some ribs on the WSM last weekend and have a large chunk of chuck in the freezer, crying for attention!

Still keeping the faith and still extremely appreciative of all the mentoring I’ve received from you all over the years.

All the best to you all. I’ll have a couple of lobsters in your honour!

Frank Boyer

Jul 16, 2022, 11:27:20 AM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Still cooking once in a while.
Frank

Jul 16, 2022, 6:56:34 PM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
I still fire up the 19 year old Traeger once in a while.  I have a packer in the freezer ready to go when life doesn't get in the way!

I too learned a great deal on this list from everyone ..Well maybe not Dave Fales ;-)

Jon

JEFF QUADE

Jul 16, 2022, 7:02:52 PM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Still here, doing lots of tri tips and chicken.

Chris H

Jul 16, 2022, 7:32:34 PM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
LOL, I was trying to remember that guys name (if that's the guy I think it was).

Robert King

Jul 16, 2022, 7:56:07 PM7/16/22
to The Smoke Ring
I forgot about that guy. He was a piece of work for sure.

I remember the name but can’t remember what BS he was slinging?

Robert King

Chris H

Jul 16, 2022, 8:57:30 PM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I'm still here. Went to a local bbq shop the other day and it looked like the Blues Hog brand is still growing.

I still have too many cookers but use my Blaz'n Grill Works pellet grill the most. Will be smoking a pork butt tomorrow, still can catch those on sale for $1.49lb every once in a while.

I have recently started building some grills. The latest is a Santa Maria style grill. The further along I get on it the more I'm thinking about keeping it, however that would make cooker number 8 so something needs to go....
Recently picked up three or four 5ft x 2ft propane tanks so I guess a few smokers are on the list as well.

Mike Corn

Jul 16, 2022, 10:01:42 PM7/16/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Well, I’ve been here 4-5 years I suppose, but have stayed quiet as I’m a newbie to this group and smoking.

I’m stuck way out in the hinterland of western Kansas where the wind often keeps me from firing up the smoker or being forced to move it inside my dirt floored shed. I haven’t burned anything down yet so there might be hope for me.

Hope I’m not intruding but I enjoy smoking and eating what I smoke.

Enjoy all,

Mike
Hays, kansas

Sent from my iPhone

On 7/15/2022 1:40 PM, John Douglas wrote:
[...]

John Douglas

Jul 17, 2022, 11:36:22 AM7/17/22
to Mike Corn, The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Hi Mike,

Thanks to all for replying!!

Actually Mike, YOU ARE NOT INTRUDING, that is sort/all of what the list is about, helping others to learn, so if if you have any questions, please ask, I don't know much, but there is a lot of people on here  that do..........

John, Just South of you in windy OKC.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/2A2AE847-44AF-4DE2-8A65-5034E7288E9F%40gmail.com.

Best Regards,

John D

Joe Whittel

Jul 18, 2022, 7:11:09 AM7/18/22
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list, Mike Corn
Mike,
Totally agree with John,  I found this list back around 2001, ask a few questions and connected with a local BBQ team were I mentored and became part of the team.  Team went on to cook the Jack where I got to meet several members of the list (past and present).  So go on and ask away.   Lots of info on cookers, styles, receipes....

Joe in Connecticut

James Stewart

Jul 25, 2022, 6:15:19 AM7/25/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Looks nice, kind of like my back yard too many projects.

Pigmanjim

James Stewart

Jul 25, 2022, 6:34:26 AM7/25/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Same here in sunny S.W. Florida.  Cooking once in a while, don't know why I even build a fire, smoker reads 150 in the sun before it even has a fire!

Hope everyone still on the list is well, and remembering those no longer around.

Pigmanjim

John Douglas

Jul 25, 2022, 1:26:16 PM7/25/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Nice to hear from you Jim, lookin good on the smokers, grills.

John D