Summer SMILE CPD call for ideas, activities & speakers

McLeman, Alex

Apr 5, 2013, 11:56:09 AM4/5/13
to 'smilescience@googlegroups.com' (smilescience@googlegroups.com)

Hi I hope you all had a good Easter break.

Members of the SMILE network are teaming up with the London Science Museum to present a Creative Science workshop at Liverpool World Museum during the Museum’s Association conference on 11th November. I found out this week that our conference proposal was successful.

I would like to start thinking about themes and ideas for our next CPD event in Summer.

I was going to propose a day in early July in Manchester. I thought early July would be good as school workshops tend to ease off and it is just before the Summer break.

If you have any particular themes we would like to cover at the next SMILE event please let me know.

Also I would be grateful if you would like to present a section of the SMILE workshop as I’m looking for speakers for the next session. Please let me know your suggestions and ideas for presentations or hands on practical science demonstrations which you would like to share with the group.

Cheers

Alex McLeman

Bolton Library and Museum Services

Le Mans Crescent

Bolton BL1 1SE

01204 338823

alex.m...@bolton.gov.uk

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations. This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council. http://www.bolton.gov.uk