SMILE science day National Football Museum

McLeman, Alex

Jan 20, 2014, 8:45:44 AM1/20/14
to 'smilescience@googlegroups.com' (smilescience@googlegroups.com), Bienkowska, Louise, Keane, Mary, Spencer, Julie, Partheni, Chrissy <Chrissy.Partheni@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk> (Chrissy.Partheni@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk)

Hi SMILE network

We had a great SMILE day in conjunction with GEM at the National Football Museum on 8th January.

Big thanks to all the speakers and people who came to the SMILE day to make it a success.

There were many opportunities to explore the science with the museum and to make practical links with design and social history.

Here are the notes from Lucinda and Yvonne’s presentations and activities.

Yvonne’s file is a very big file so I am sending it through transfer big files which you will receive separately and will need to download it within 5 days or it will expire.

I look forward to seeing you at our next SMILE event in the Summer.

Please send me ideas of themes which you would like to see at future science events or if you would like to present at a future meetings to share with SMILE on a learning activity at your site or a relevant conference which you have attended.

Many thanks

Alex

Alex McLeman

Bolton Library and Museum Services

Le Mans Crescent

Bolton BL1 1SE

01204 338823

alex.m...@bolton.gov.uk

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations. This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council. http://www.bolton.gov.uk
Case studyFloodlights for SMILE.DOC
SMILE CPD at National Football Museum Agenda.doc

Peter Lane

Jan 20, 2014, 9:08:40 AM1/20/14
to smiles...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex

Thanks for these.

Peter

Peter Lane,  Learning Officer

Museum Education Team

Gladstone Pottery Museum

Uttoxeter Road

Longton

Stoke-on-Trent

ST3 1PQ

Economic Development, Culture & Sport

City Renewal Services

City of Stoke on Trent

T    01782 233328

E    peter...@stoke.gov.uk

www.stokemuseums.org.uk

Stoke-on-Trent City Council trade waste services. A locally based, friendly service at competitive prices. To find out more visit stoke.gov.uk/tradewaste or for a quote contact trade...@stoke.gov.uk

Our vision is to provide Excellent Services, Valued by Customers, if you think we have given you a good service, please click here to find out about our awards: www.stoke.gov.uk/wowawards

This message and any attachment are intended for the sole use of the person named in the address and it may contain privileged or confidential information or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.
The views and opinions given may not reflect those of the City Council. Unless this message states it, nothing in its contents should be taken as an offer or acceptance, forming any contractual obligations.
We accept no liability for any damages, loss or costs resulting from any reliance placed on the contents of this message.
All email traffic, whether sent via public networks or private, including GCSX, is subject to appropriate recording and monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. We monitor and store email messages and in some cases we are required by law to disclose details of them.
Although we have taken every reasonable measure to make sure that this e-mail, including any attachments, are free from viruses; we give no warranty that this e-mail or any attachment is virus free and we recommend that you scan any attachments for viruses before opening.

S.Ma...@wlct.org

Jan 20, 2014, 9:46:02 AM1/20/14
to smiles...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for sending these through.  Dianne and I really enjoyed the day at the Football Museum, well worth the time.  Great butties too!

Regards,

Sue