Knitters needed!

1 view

McLeman, Alex

Feb 4, 2019, 11:47:50 AM2/4/19
to 'smilescience@googlegroups.com' (smilescience@googlegroups.com)

Hi SMILE network

Are you a knitter? Would you like to help Touchstones Rochdale with an installation which is part of

Dippy on Tour?

Attached is a pattern for two different size bees. The bees will be sold at the end of the project to raise money for a biodiversity project in Rochdale. (see email below from Museums Development North West)

We are also planning our 2020 SMILE CPD day to be in Rochdale to coincide with Dippy in the North West. Our 2019 will be at Bolton Museum date tbc.

Many thanks

Alex McLeman

Collections Access Officer – Learning Team

Bolton Library and Museum Services

Le Mans Crescent

Bolton BL1 1SE

Tel: 01204 338823

cid:image003.png@01D45CC0.61F5EC50

If you are requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act, please resend your email now to: freedo...@bolton.gov.uk

museumdevelopmentnorthwest posted: "Touchstones, Rochdale would like your help to create a swarm of 500 knitted bees to be displayed in the galleries in 2020.  Dippy, the famous Diplodocus from the Natural History Museum, will be visiting Rochdale from February to June 2020. He will be on "

New post on Museum Development North West

https://museumdevelopmentnorthwest.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/cropped-mdnw_main-icon.png?w=32

http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/c8fc72e55b3e88df49436040e467ff81?s=50&d=identicon&r=G

Knitters needed! Help Touchstones create a swarm of bees

by museumdevelopmentnorthwest

Touchstones, Rochdale would like your help to create a swarm of 500 knitted bees to be displayed in the galleries in 2020.

Dippy, the famous Diplodocus from the Natural History Museum, will be visiting Rochdale from February to June 2020. He will be on display at Number One Riverside with an accompanying exhibition at Touchstones in Rochdale town centre and they would like to create an installation of knitted bees to highlight the importance of bees and why we need to look after our world. Can you help them by knitting a bee? There are two patterns for two different size bees. More information, the patterns and contact details of where to send them can be found by clicking the link: Knit a bee for Dippy pattern

At the end of the exhibition, Touchstones will raise money for a biodiversity project in Rochdale by selling the bees by suggested donation.

Knitted Bees

Comment

   See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Museum Development North West.
Change your email settings at
Manage Subscriptions.

https://museumdevelopmentnorthwest.wordpress.com/2019/02/04/knitters-needed-help-touchstones-create-a-swarm-of-bees/

http://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?blog=36632172&post=16950&subd=museumdevelopmentnorthwest&ref=&email=1&email_o=wpcom&host=public-api.wordpress.comhttp://pixel.wp.com/t.gif?email_name=email_subscription&blog_id=36632172&_ut=anon&_ui=27371dd101a0fdbe7bf09810e6a0b6f7&email_id=ced23f19bd876a3aa295e34c4dfe9378&date_sent=2019-02-04&domain=museumdevelopmentnorthwest.wordpress.com&frequency=0&digest=0&has_html=1&locale=en&_en=wpcom_email_open&browser_type=php-agent&_aua=wpcom-tracks-client-v0.3&blog_tz=0&blog_lang=en&_ts=1549282003949

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk/
knit-a-bee-for-dippy-pattern.pdf