EMC SMIS provider 8.x - VMAX3 SRDF asynchronous- creating R2 Snaps

Rajesh Singh

Jun 23, 2017, 1:15:36 PM6/23/17
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I am exploring to create snaps or R1 and R2 devices which are in SRDF replication and exist on two different arrays.

fyi, SRDF is replication between two VMAX3 arrays. R1 is device on primary and R2 is device on remote array. I am looking for a way to create SnapVx snaps of both R1 and R2 device.

I am using CIM_ReplicationService::CreateSynchronizationAspect method to create SnapVX Snaps.
In EMC solution enabler 8.4, EMC have added an additional parameter (EMCBothSides)
to in CreateSynchronizationAspect  method to create SnapVx snaps of both R1 and R2 in same call.  This is applicable for SRDF in synchronous mode.
 EMC's SMIS guide does not mention anything about creating R2 snaps for SRDF asynchronous mode.

Can someone please provide any pointers here ?

For SRDF asynchronous, I need methods to do following

1) SRDF checkpoint -  to fetch current cycle no on replication link and wait for it to reach Remote Array before cutting snap of R2

2) method to create R2 snap

Thanks,
Rajesh