EMC VNX discovery issue

Joel

Jun 27, 2017, 7:18:56 PM6/27/17
to SMI-S Developers Group
Hi,

I'm new to SMI-S and trying to add a VNX via TestSmiProvider utility.  I receive the error "operation EMC AddSystem is not supported" when attempting to run the addsys option.  I've run this on a Linux vApp (provider version 8.3.0.3) and a Windows VM (provider 8.3.0.6) both giving me the same error.  Any guidance on what to check or configuration items I should change would be appreciated.  Thank you.

-Joel.

big...@mail.ru

Oct 23, 2017, 6:39:22 PM10/23/17
to SMI-S Developers Group
Hi Joel,

The version 8.3.0.3 is just too fresh, it is not supporting VNX arrays. Use 4.6.2, it is supporting all CLARiiON and VNX arrays.

Vamsi Krishna

Nov 2, 2018, 7:12:45 PM11/2/18
to SMI-S Developers Group

Capture.PNG

Hi,

I am trying to add one of the vnx array to SMI-S but it's throwing the below error. Please help me out.

Jeffery K

Nov 2, 2018, 8:43:09 PM11/2/18
to smi-s-devel...@googlegroups.com
The VNX is a “clariion” type, if I’m not mistaken. Is that how you are adding it? I assume that error is from the testsmisprovoder.exe program. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone
<Capture.PNG>

Vamsi Krishna

Nov 2, 2018, 8:57:26 PM11/2/18