Hitachi - Embedded Provider

Jeremy Sipling

Oct 24, 2017, 7:12:37 AM10/24/17
to SMI-S Developers Group
Does anyone know why EnumerateInstances and EnumerateInstanceNames would fail with CIM error code 2?  From what I've read, it's basically saying the account does not have permission.  The user is an admin account that I'm told has proper permissions.  Listing names and instances works fine through Associators and AssociatorNames.

Jim Marshall

Oct 25, 2017, 1:56:11 PM10/25/17
to SMI-S Developers Group
First make sure you have the most up to date version of the microcode, if not update it and retry. If the error still occurs then enable logging. How you do that depends on what your hardware is.

Find jservertrace.properties, if 'jservertrace.properties' doesn't exist look for 'jserver.properties', find the line that has '...loglevel=xxx' and change the level to be 0 (All), you may want to change the '...maxfilesize=xxxx' to a bigger size but that isn't required. Once you do that you need to restart the embedded provider, again how you do this depends on the hardware you have. The easiest method would be to restart the machine. I realize that maybe an issue, if so then check the Windows Services app and look for 'Embedded Provider' (or something like that, starts with "Embedded"), stop the service (this may take 30 or so seconds, you may get an error message but you can safely ignore that). Once it is stopped you can start the service. If there is no entry in the Services app then look for 'J_Server_shutdown.bat' and run it, wait 30 seconds and then run 'J_Server_start.bat'. Whether you started it via the batch file or the Services app give it a few minutes to start up. Once it is started make your request and if it fails look at the log files, they should be in the '...SMI\logs' directory and will have names like

CIMOMTrace-#.log, CacheTrace-#.log and ProviderTrace#.log (the # will be a number, you usually want to look at the one with the number '0'). Given the error code I would expect the message to be in the CIMOMTrace-#.log file, however; there maybe info in the other log files as well.

The log should give you an idea of what is happening, if not you can post the error message from the log or contact Hitachi for support.

Good luck
-Jim