Patrick Bednarek

Dec 14, 2013, 12:57:20 PM12/14/13
to smeltfe...@googlegroups.com
Out with the escalators, in with the male modeling. Congrats Hilary!

Also, anyone up for SmeltFest 2014?

photo.JPG

Hilary Avertick

Dec 15, 2013, 9:59:46 AM12/15/13
to Patrick Bednarek, smeltfe...@googlegroups.com
Dammit! I was hoping no one would see that.

I'm too lazy to do the math, but are we at about t-50 days?

On 2013-12-14, at 12:57 PM, Patrick Bednarek <patrick....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out with the escalators, in with the male modeling. Congrats Hilary!
>
> Also, anyone up for SmeltFest 2014?
>

> Sent from my iPhone
> <photo.JPG>

Patrick Bednarek

Dec 15, 2013, 10:24:03 AM12/15/13
to Hilary Avertick, smeltfe...@googlegroups.com
Is there a preference for Stanstead, or maybe somewhere else this year, like an Outfitters?

P.

Coach

Dec 15, 2013, 10:40:59 AM12/15/13
to Smeltfest 2013
I'm happy with stanstead but I'll go anywhere that doesn't require a passport - bag full of brownies always elicits suspicion.

I may have 2 people joining me this year so whoever is keeping the numbers mathify accordingly.

From: Patrick Bednarek <patrick....@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 10:24:03 -0500
To: Hilary Avertick<have...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re:

Mohamed El Helaly

Dec 15, 2013, 3:30:43 PM12/15/13
to Daniel Ryan, Smeltfest 2013
somewhere else . The place is good but we need a change of scenery.

Mo

Paul Rice

Dec 15, 2013, 4:07:06 PM12/15/13
to Mohamed El Helaly, Daniel Ryan, Smeltfest 2013

Dave Enright

Dec 15, 2013, 5:04:26 PM12/15/13
to Paul Rice, Mohamed El Helaly, Daniel Ryan, Smeltfest 2013
This one is in between everyone I think. Although the Fiche Chalet looks like it might already have the wiring already set up for our high power rimming cams.

Hilary Avertick

Dec 15, 2013, 5:28:12 PM12/15/13
to Dave Enright, Smeltfest 2013
It is pretty hard to find a place that can accommodate 20 people

Patrick Bednarek

Dec 15, 2013, 11:20:55 PM12/15/13
to Dave Enright, Paul Rice, Mohamed El Helaly, Daniel Ryan, Smeltfest 2013
Yo Dave, that cottage actually looks pretty awesome, and is right on the water!

What does everyone else think?

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Bousquet

Dec 15, 2013, 11:27:27 PM12/15/13
to Patrick Bednarek, Dave Enright, Paul Rice, Mohamed El Helaly, Daniel Ryan, Smeltfest 2013
If Josh is happy I'm game.

Sent from my iPhone

Hilary Avertick

Dec 16, 2013, 6:33:08 AM12/16/13
to Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Not including the barrel sauna for Greg, it says 10 Max guests

Patrick Bednarek

Dec 16, 2013, 9:33:30 AM12/16/13
to Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
We always hover around 12, so I don't think that should be an issue.

P.

Gianni

Dec 16, 2013, 9:35:38 AM12/16/13
to Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Keep in mind that doesn't mean 10 beds. It could easily be 5 doubles or queens. Lots of tender cuddling.

Gianni

Dave Enright

Dec 16, 2013, 11:30:38 AM12/16/13
to Gianni, Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
http://www.cottagesincanada.com/fairviewhideaway

This one is also between Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and very close to Canada US border crossings.

Dave Enright

Dec 16, 2013, 2:13:41 PM12/16/13
to Gianni, Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Hey guys,

I just called about the Fairview Hideaway. It is currently available for a couple weekends in Feb or Jan but is filling up. He said the ice fishing is good there. $975 for two nights $1150 for three night weekend.

David MacPhie

Dec 16, 2013, 2:29:47 PM12/16/13
to Dave Enright, Gianni, Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
I'm starting my smeltfest training now. Last year I broke down early.

Place looks nice - Here is the street view:  http://goo.gl/maps/GUiJ6

Have you guys had any problems with neighbours being that close in the past when greg projectile vomits?

All the places look good and I thought the place last year was pretty rad too. I'm up for anything.

Paul Bousquet

Dec 16, 2013, 3:25:09 PM12/16/13
to David MacPhie, Dave Enright, Gianni, Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Smeltfest 2013
And according to google map a 23 min drive to downtown Napanee! Bar hoppin in Avril's home town could be how we bring smeltfest to the next level? Pat you've never been kicked out of a bar in Napanee yet...

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Rice

Dec 17, 2013, 8:44:26 AM12/17/13
to Paul Bousquet, Patrick Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013

Patrick Bednarek

Dec 17, 2013, 9:11:05 AM12/17/13
to Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
That Lac Brome one looks great - waterfront, great location for Canadians and Americans, not far from town. http://www.cottagesquebec.com/FicheChalet.aspx?IdChalet=13807

I also like Diamond Dave's suggestion: http://www.cottagesincanada.com/ponderosaranchresort#photos

Having said all that, if we want to guarantee a focus on ice fishing, then an outfitters might be the best option...

P.

Mohamed El Helaly

Dec 17, 2013, 9:23:16 AM12/17/13
to Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
a hockey rink would be cool too

Greg Bednarek

Dec 17, 2013, 9:24:11 AM12/17/13
to Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013

I'm for either the Lac Brome or the normal one we go to at Lac Mephremagog.

Hilary Avertick

Dec 17, 2013, 9:42:28 AM12/17/13
to Greg Bednarek, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Is someone actively working on getting Pablo to this one? Also, not having Russ last year basically brought Smeltfest to a standstill. Whatever is best for Russ works for me.

Dave Enright

Dec 17, 2013, 9:43:13 AM12/17/13
to Greg Bednarek, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
The Lac Brome looks good + it is pronounceable.

I can drive me and three people & four skidoos

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Patrick Bednarek <patrick....@gmail.com> wrote:
That Lac Brome one looks great - waterfront, great location for Canadians and Americans, not far from town. http://www.cottagesquebec.com/FicheChalet.aspx?IdChalet=13807

I also like Diamond Dave's suggestion: http://www.cottagesincanada.com/ponderosaranchresort#photos

Having said all that, if we want to guarantee a focus on ice fishing, then an outfitters might be the best option...

P.

Dec 17, 2013, 9:43:57 AM12/17/13
to Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
What is best for Russ is a series of shameful, punishing rimjobs.

Mohamed El Helaly

Dec 17, 2013, 9:45:57 AM12/17/13
to Greg Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Pablo said he's coming dressed as a turkey, but someone has to stuff him...

Pablo Castro

Dec 17, 2013, 9:48:10 AM12/17/13
to Mohamed El Helaly, Greg Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Correction. Only one part of me is dressing up as a turkey. How well stuffed the turkey will be depends on how much I like what I see.

Jonathan Mazin

Dec 17, 2013, 10:24:45 AM12/17/13
to Pablo Castro, Mohamed El Helaly, Greg Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013

Greg Bednarek

Dec 17, 2013, 10:31:45 AM12/17/13
to Jonathan Mazin, Pablo Castro, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
I assume that Xerxes attack on the Greeks is an allegory for your planned attack on Pablo's rectum?

Jonathan Mazin

Dec 17, 2013, 10:52:12 AM12/17/13
to Greg Bednarek, Pablo Castro, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Oi!

So what dates are thinkin?  Haven't seen any surveys thus far.  I will be out this continent that week of family day / valentines day.

ps // I am reminded of the words of Wiz Khalifa, particularly:  yea -- aaahah you know what it is.  erything i do -- i do it big

David MacPhie

Dec 17, 2013, 4:27:46 PM12/17/13
to Jonathan Mazin, Greg Bednarek, Pablo Castro, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013
Having now lived in Baltimore for 4 months and completing season one of the wire, I'm now up on my "wire" lingo, most def.  you'll be happy Mazin.

David MacPhie

Hilary Avertick

On 2013-12-14, at 12:57 PM, Patrick Bednarek <patrick....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out with the escalators, in with the male modeling. Congrats Hilary!
>
> Also, anyone up for SmeltFest 2014?
>

> Sent from my iPhone
> <photo.JPG>

Greg Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 3:18:26 PM1/6/14
to smeltfe...@googlegroups.com
It's not just you; I've been waiting for someone to send out a survey, get dates organized, and book a chalet, but so far nothing.

I'll put together a survey + collect responses and send a summary around with final decisions, but if someone else could handle the booking this year it would be much appreciated.

greg

Patrick Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 3:18:33 PM1/6/14
to Hilary Avertick, Mohamed El Helaly, Smeltfest 2013
I vote for Lac Brome:  http://www.cottagesquebec.com/FicheChalet.aspx?IdChalet=13807

What do you guys think? We should probably lock this down soon.

P.

Mohamed El Helaly

Jan 6, 2014, 3:23:56 PM1/6/14
to Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Smeltfest 2013
Yes. I'm down.

Weekend of Feb 14th?

Mo

Paul Bousquet

Jan 6, 2014, 3:44:05 PM1/6/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Patrick Bednarek, Hilary Avertick, Smeltfest 2013
No, weekend of the 22-23 or march 1-2

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 3:53:45 PM1/6/14
to Smeltfest 2013
I'll send out a survey and we'll see what most people want; I assume it will be the weekend of Feb 15-17 since at least people from ON and the US have the Monday off.

greg

Patrick Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 3:57:36 PM1/6/14
to Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
Bousquet and Mazin will not be able to attend if it's on the weekend of the 15-17.

So, weekend of Feb. 15 - 17 it is. Don't bother with the survey.

P.

Paul Bousquet

Jan 6, 2014, 4:06:50 PM1/6/14
to Patrick Bednarek, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
True. Happy smeltfest to all! Patrick make sure to document it for Mazin and I this year. Don't lose your suitcase.

Sent from my iPhone

Gianni

Jan 6, 2014, 4:18:07 PM1/6/14
to Paul Bousquet, Patrick Bednarek, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
It wasn't lost, it was expertly hidden.

Gianni

Patrick Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 4:20:12 PM1/6/14
to Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
Oh come on, just joking.

I'm good with 22-23 or 1-2. Let's do it!

P.

Michael Doyle

Jan 6, 2014, 5:36:20 PM1/6/14
to Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
We had a baby named Coco!
Which means small chance again this year as my starving artist status has been ramped up to starving artist w a family status. most likely for this year I'll again have to settle for living vicariously thru the copious yet hilarious email thread (which end abruptly on the Friday night) and hope to make it next year... smelt on!

Paul Rice

Jan 6, 2014, 9:30:09 PM1/6/14
to Michael Doyle, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
FOR DATE: My choice is weekend Feb22, but any weekends would probably work fine for me.

FOR LOCATION: My choice is the Lake Champlain Cottage below - although any of the three options would be fine for me. I would suggest if JW is good with option #3, Bousquet should look into the reservation:

1) Usual place in Memphremagog.

#3 is a new option that ticks a lot of boxes:
  • On lake champlaion on the quebec side of the vermont border (1hr from Montreal, not too far for Americans).
  • Option to rent a second cottage if we have more than 14 dudes.
  • On the water - skating out the back door - Ice-hockey rink.
  • Two bars close by according to Gmaps (I like the sound of the GONZO bar)
  • Comes with one sweet-looking ice-fishing shack (check the picture).
  • Seems to be available for our dates.

Welcome On The Wings Lyne Property Villas Champêtres located on the shore of Lake Champlain....During your stay Under The Wings Lyne, you are a tenant of a private residence with 6 bedrooms, a kitchen and a dining room fully equipped, a living room and a relaxation room with spa. You have access to a building naming'' Le Rendez-Vous''. This building is a games room with table tennis, air hockey and billiards.The'' Go'' is also a media room with a projector connected to a DVD, a WII and Bell ExpressVu. You can also connect your laptop to your meetings and events. With a kitchen and a bathroom, we can provide chairs and folding tables for'' Le Rendez-Vous'' serve you as a reception room. In winter you will find outside the Venetian a hockey rink, slide, skating trails, the possibility of discovering the sport of sailing and a hut for ice fishing.
 Do not hesitate to contact us even if the dates you are looking for are already booked, we have other chalets offering the same services available to you and great offers to make.This Villa is designed for 12 people since 6 bedrooms. However, we can accommodate larger groups. The solution is to combine the Villa Under Lyne Wings with Champlain and The Venetian located in the same area, so you get more comfort, space and privacy.

Gianni

Jan 6, 2014, 11:12:26 PM1/6/14
to Paul Rice, Michael Doyle, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
I dunno man... This looks kinda small....

image.jpegGianni

Patrick Bednarek

Jan 6, 2014, 11:20:59 PM1/6/14
to Gianni, Paul Rice, Michael Doyle, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
Where the fuck did you find that?

Fuckin-A, Lac Champlain for sure! Let's do it! Weekend of 21-22?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:12 PM, Gianni <gianni...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I dunno man... This looks kinda small....

Jean-Simon Diallo

Jan 7, 2014, 6:59:55 AM1/7/14
to Patrick Bednarek, Gianni, Paul Rice, Michael Doyle, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
Although I like the idea of switching up the location, I would just like to point out that the other two options have 9 and 7 beds respectively...while the idea of Mo bunking with Greg is certainly entertaining, this is likely to result in an increased frequency of "accidental" rimjobs.

Just saying
JS
Jean-Simon Diallo, Ph.D
Associate Scientist
Centre for Innovative Cancer Research
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
501 Smyth Road, 3rd floor, box 926, Room C3128
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1H8L6

Paul Rice

Jan 7, 2014, 9:08:56 AM1/7/14
to Jean-Simon Diallo, Patrick Bednarek, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Smeltfest 2013
Yes, correct, not that many beds ... its also nowhere near a Lululemon or a Bed Bath & Beyond I'm afraid.

At this point I can say its pretty tough finding another place with as many beds as memphremagog, but if we think we need more beds (eg. one each) we have an option to add a second smaller cotttage at Lake Champlain (extra cost I guess) - looks like they run five cottages all next to each other.

The only other option I found that had lots of beds + ice-fishing hut is this one, 1.5hrs north of ottawa - but its not available until Mar 08/09: http://www.chaletsalouerlac31milles.ca/emile-en.php (If you think this is an option, maybe Greg can add it to the survey)

PS: In earlier days, we managed OK with barely any beds, but admittedly Pat was always a) on the floor, b) in the dog's bed or c) sleeping with/peeing on sam.

PSS: Gianni - i think that pic is the pimp-icefishing hut, not Mo's house.

PSSS: Vote.

Jean-Simon Diallo, Ph.D
Associate Scientist
Centre for Innovative Cancer Research
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
501 Smyth Road, 3rd floor, box 926, Room C3128
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1H8L6

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 9:40:22 AM1/7/14
to Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Patrick Bednarek, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Paul Bousquet, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, Antti Valikangas, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau

Right now there are 10 responses in; thanks again for everyone using their real names rather than random fucking nicknames that make it difficult to tell who has responded. Mo, are you "Pablo's shower fantasy"? Or is that Pablo? Gianni, are you "the Italian"? I always though of you as more "the cum bucket".

Bousquet, does Josh know how to use the internet? I've not heard from him via email or on the survey; if you could reach out to him and get him to fill out the survey that would be awesome.

Sewall/Devin/Duncan/David Bednarek/Pablo/Mazin/Macphie/Antti - if you guys are (possibly) in, please fill out the survey!

greg

Paul Bousquet

Jan 7, 2014, 10:28:28 AM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Patrick Bednarek, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, Antti Valikangas, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Grieg I will send out a note via carrier pigeon. As soon as the pigeon has made contact I will let you know. I will track it via gps if that is cool with you...

Sent from my iPhone

Patrick Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 11:30:39 AM1/7/14
to Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, Antti Valikangas, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Lululemon or Bed Bath & Beyond. Well played Paul...

I doubt that we'll fill every bid. In any case, I'm happy to crash on the floor. When did y'all turn into such huge pussies? Dang...

P.

marc tetrault

Jan 7, 2014, 11:45:41 AM1/7/14
to Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, Antti Valikangas, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Between work and baby, Jean-Simon sleeps 3 hours a night.  Smeltfest is a time for him to rest.

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 12:04:32 PM1/7/14
to marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, Antti Valikangas, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Well he won't be resting while he's receiving a train of rimjobs from everyone at SmeltFest...

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 12:07:28 PM1/7/14
to Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
That is the real question now isn't it...

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Antti Valikangas <a_vali...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Receiving or giving?

Antti Valikangas

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 12:07:49 PM1/7/14
to Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Jean-Simon Diallo, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Knowing J.S., I'm guessing...both.

Jean-Simon Diallo

Jan 7, 2014, 12:11:06 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
I am glad my legitimate request for sleeping in a bed has spawned such a vibrant discussion on whether it is better to give or receive a rimjob...perhaps you want to add that to the survey Greg?

JS

Mohamed El Helaly

Jan 7, 2014, 12:12:37 PM1/7/14
to Jean-Simon Diallo, Greg Bednarek, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
All I read there was that you "spawn a vibrator". Bousquet....watch out!

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 12:26:22 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Good news J.S.: the closest Lululemon appears to be only 57mins away from the Lake Champlain location in case you need to run out for anything.

Jean-Simon Diallo

Jan 7, 2014, 12:28:42 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
That's way too far! Dealbreaker...

JS

Paul Bousquet

Jan 7, 2014, 12:29:40 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Jean-Simon Diallo, Greg Bednarek, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
It's cool Mo, if JS brings his vibrator collection we can share them unless Greg gets to them first and uses them as anal inserts. Fingers crossed buddy...

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 3:27:34 PM1/7/14
to Paul Bousquet, Mohamed El Helaly, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau

We have 18 responses in so far;I am missing Josh Weinstein, David Bednarek, Duncan and Devin (and possibly others).

Out of the 18, Antti has listed himself as a maybe; not sure about other peoples intentions.

As far as locations go, Lake Champlain was the winner followed by Lac Mephremagog and the Lac Brome.

As far as dates, Feb. 21-23 was the clear winner, with Feb 28-Mar 2 coming in 2nd place.

So it looks like Lake Champlain over Feb 21-23 is what we are doing as long as we are comfortable with the sleeping situation at the Lake Champlain location.

As far as I can tell, it is $1125 for 2 nights for 12 people, with extra people being $25/night/person. So at 18 people, we'd be looking at $1125 + 6*2*$50 = $1425, or approximately $80CAD/person.

If the sleeping situation is an issue, Lac Mephremagog is $1100USD/weekend, or approx $66CAD/person.

greg

Mohamed El Helaly

Jan 7, 2014, 3:29:22 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Whats the extra cottage situation?

Jonathan Mazin

Jan 7, 2014, 3:32:40 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Greg Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Well that was easy... a little TOO easy... almost like me in my heyday -- or Bousquet in my dreams, today.

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 3:38:01 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
The extra cottage situation is basically double the money, unless they are willing to cut us a deal. I am not sure if Paul Rice has talked to them yet, so I cannot comment on this any further.

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 3:39:35 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
I guess everyone is good with the Feb 21-23 date though right? Friday and Saturday nights at the chalet, and possibly a Thursday night in Montreal.

Those of us who are flying need to get confirmation on this ASAP.

greg

Mohamed El Helaly

Jan 7, 2014, 3:45:17 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
yes.

Hilary Avertick

Jan 7, 2014, 3:46:47 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
that games room is shared with the other condos, right? thatll be fun

Mohamed El Helaly

Jan 7, 2014, 3:51:21 PM1/7/14
to Hilary Avertick, Greg Bednarek, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau

Btw, Lac Champlain says 14 people max.

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 3:55:18 PM1/7/14
to Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Thankfully Arabs don't count as people.

Jonathan Mazin

Jan 7, 2014, 4:03:23 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
I was gonna say Russ (who is not on the list?) and Mo could team up and count as one person -- so that's some savings there.  (Sorry Mo).

Greg Bednarek

Jan 7, 2014, 4:06:07 PM1/7/14
to Jonathan Mazin, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
You mean if we insert one into the other we can count them as 1? If so, then we only have like 8 people total.

Jonathan Mazin

Jan 7, 2014, 4:09:50 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
I was thinking more along these lines:

Inline image 1
kijiji-ottawa llama suit.JPG

Dave Enright

Jan 7, 2014, 4:25:44 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Paul Bousquet, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
We need to stop wasting time with nonsense emails. Lets lock in this place I found. It has all the necessities for Smeltfest which are 1)Fire 2)Liquor 3)Possibility of ice fishing maybe, at least you could I guess, I mean if you tell your wife its a 'fishing trip' you could make some fishing motions at some point over the weekend. 4)Sleeping arrangements occur naturally and sharpie tattoos are complimentary this year.

- Sleeps 700 comfortably
- Fire barrel for heat & BBQ
- Water frontage perfect for ice fishing, (chemical based water way so does not freeze until at least -25', (also note: no fish)
- Rustic crate you can flip over to hold whisky bottles
- Area for all human discharges

Inline image 1
ChaletRentalsRUs.jpg

Hilary Avertick

Jan 7, 2014, 4:33:12 PM1/7/14
to Dave Enright, Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-SimonDiallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, DuncanRemage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
We can't lock anything in place till we get confirmation from the only vote that counts, mr mom jw. Bousquet, did that pigeon get back yet?

On 2014-01-07, at 4:25 PM, Dave Enright <mr.dave...@gmail.com> wrote:

We need to stop wasting time with nonsense emails. Lets lock in this place I found. It has all the necessities for Smeltfest which are 1)Fire 2)Liquor 3)Possibility of ice fishing maybe, at least you could I guess, I mean if you tell your wife its a 'fishing trip' you could make some fishing motions at some point over the weekend. 4)Sleeping arrangements occur naturally and sharpie tattoos are complimentary this year.

- Sleeps 700 comfortably
- Fire barrel for heat & BBQ
- Water frontage perfect for ice fishing, (chemical based water way so does not freeze until at least -25', (also note: no fish)
- Rustic crate you can flip over to hold whisky bottles
- Area for all human discharges

<ChaletRentalsRUs.jpg>

Coach

Jan 7, 2014, 4:35:58 PM1/7/14
to Smeltfest 2013
So looks like brewer wants in again this year and possibly 1 newbie. That puts us around 18 + 1 arab + 1 bousquet. We're gonna need a lot of gallons of milk.

From: Dave Enright <mr.dave...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:25:44 -0500
To: Greg Bednarek<greg.b...@gmail.com>
Cc: Mohamed El Helaly<mo.el...@gmail.com>; Hilary Avertick<have...@gmail.com>; Paul Bousquet<paul.b...@gmail.com>; Jean-Simon Diallo<jsdi...@gmail.com>; Antti Valikangas<a_vali...@hotmail.com>; marc tetrault<marcus....@gmail.com>; Patrick Bednarek<patrick....@gmail.com>; Paul Rice<paul...@yahoo.com.au>; Gianni<gianni...@hotmail.com>; Michael Doyle<mikeh...@gmail.com>; Smeltfest 2013<smeltfe...@googlegroups.com>; Dave MacPhie<david....@gmail.com>; David Bednarek<david.b...@gmail.com>; Duncan Remage-Healey<dunca...@gmail.com>; Devin Beliveau<devin.b...@gmail.com>
ChaletRentalsRUs.jpg

Dave Enright

Jan 7, 2014, 4:41:45 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-SimonDiallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, DuncanRemage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
You 're right Hilary, where is Josh W,? we need someone to lay down the law of the kielbasa....I think there is a dismembered body in the 700 person chalet picture, so Josh W could tell us if that is a potential red flag on that place.

Dave Enright

Jan 7, 2014, 4:42:15 PM1/7/14
to Dave Enright, Greg Bednarek, Mohamed El Helaly, Paul Bousquet, Jean-SimonDiallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, DuncanRemage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
You 're right Hilary, where is Josh W,? we need someone to lay down the law of the kielbasa....I think there is a dismembered body in the 700 person chalet picture, so Josh W could tell us if that is a potential red flag on that place.

Paul Bousquet

Jan 7, 2014, 4:44:35 PM1/7/14
to Greg Bednarek, Jonathan Mazin, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Grieg I know you are proud of your big ass hole but we can't all fit in there. I think it would be closer to 10?

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Bousquet

Jan 7, 2014, 4:47:15 PM1/7/14
to drya...@yahoo.ca, Smeltfest 2013
Shit who invited Coach? We really need 2 chalets now.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2014, at 16:35, "Coach" <drya...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

So looks like brewer wants in again this year and possibly 1 newbie. That puts us around 18 + 1 arab + 1 bousquet. We're gonna need a lot of gallons of milk.

Dave Enright

Jan 7, 2014, 4:54:39 PM1/7/14
to Paul Bousquet, Greg Bednarek, Jonathan Mazin, Mohamed El Helaly, Hilary Avertick, Jean-Simon Diallo, Antti Valikangas, marc tetrault, Patrick Bednarek, Paul Rice, Gianni, Michael Doyle, Smeltfest 2013, Dave MacPhie, David Bednarek, Duncan Remage-Healey, Devin Beliveau
Holy crap Mazin, what are the odds! If you zoom in on the 700 person chalet photos!
ChaletRentalsRUs2.psd