{Social Media Club Birmingham} Register NOW, the new Birmingham Chapter Site is Live!

1 view

sschablow

May 13, 2010, 5:45:38 PM5/13/10
to Social Media Club Birmingham
We have waited a long time for this and it's finally here. ONE site
for the 160+ Social Media Club chapters around the globe. This
includes the Birmingham Chapter. All future meeting notices,
discussions, blog posts and events will be on the new site, so YOU
should be too. Please take 5 minutes to register and create your
profile.

1. Click "Join" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage to view
membership options.

You'll be presented with a list of options, from a Free Membership to
Professional - with options for Non-Profit & Government, Education,
Small Business and Corporate.

In order to access all of the public information on the site you only
need to choose Free Membership, however by upgrading at any time you
receive some great benefits including the opportunity to be published
in publications like the Social Media Journal, highlighted in our
Speakers Bureau, or featured in our business services directory.

2. Click "Register Now" and activate your profile

From here you will be able to select your membership type, establish
your membership user-id and password. But that's the boring stuff, as
next comes to fun part...

3. Optimizing Your Profile

After you upload a photo, highlight your profession and personality in
a bio, link to your website and all the standard options, you can then
identify which is your primary Social Media Club chapter and link up
with them.

Additionally, you can provide links to the outside social media
services where people can find you most: Twitter, Facebook and
LinkedIn.

Please "Pardon our progress" on the layout of this section, which we
know is not the most attractive one around - a facelift to make it
more intuitive is in the works. But as we improve the menu, the
options you need are all ready and at your disposal.

If you selected a Professional membership, you'll have additional
options for customizing your profile through our Social Media Club
Speakers Bureau. These options include:

a. A speaker's bio
b. Listing of past speaking engagements
c. Links to press clippings
d. Embedded media, from photos to video and presentations

If you selected a Small Business or Corporate Membership, you will
also have additional options for highlighting your business and
services in our directory.

4. Explore the World

What's going on in our India, Nashville, or Washington, D.C chapters?
Click and find out. Get new ideas to bring to your local community,
share your best practices, all the best components of good social
media at your finger tips.

Admittedly right now many of the chapter profiles are vacant, as we
just recently launched the site and most of our chapters are just
starting to shift from using outside services like Ning, but the
migration has begun and it all starts with filling out a membership
profile and posting your chapter's events, blog posts and other
features. In the meantime, a good way to go directly to chapters
around that have begun updating their chapters pages, visit the Event
Directory.

Run into an issue, or see something that you think should be improved?
Tha'ts exactly what we need, your participation to make this new
resource the best it can be. So please take 5 minutes to create a
membership profile, and be part of the next big step.

Peter Ingram

May 13, 2010, 5:55:45 PM5/13/10
to smc-...@googlegroups.com
Er, so what's the web site's URL?

Peter Ingram | BlendedBusiness, Inc.
Cell: 770-714-3065 | Fax: 205-595-8800
peter....@blendedbusiness.com | www.blendedbusiness.com |
www.linkedin.com/in/peteraingram | http://my.alltop.com/peteraingram

BlendedBusiness makes marketing programs more effective, efficient and easy
to manage. We take the burden off our clients by providing innovative
ideas; by integrating and automating disparate campaign management
functions, components and workflows; and by overseeing implementation and
analysis. Our practice areas include:
. Shopper marketing (i.e. loyalty marketing, social media)
. Retail and in-store marketing (i.e. POP, loyalty programs, media
integration and activation, promo partnerships, merchandising strategy)
. Digital out-of-home (i.e. digital signage, mobile marketing)

P Please don't print this email unless you really need to. Thanks for
thinking GREEN.