SMC Meetings, Camps, Conferences & Workshops

sschablow

Apr 6, 2009, 4:48:59 PM4/6/09
to Social Media Club Birmingham
There's a lot of activity in the metro area over the next few months.
Here's the list as it stands so far:

Thursday, April 9th, 11:30am-1pm
(Networking 11:30-noon; Program noon – 1pm)
Innovation Depot (1500 1st Ave N, map ) Free to attend; lunch $10
iPhone app development is big business right now and shows no stopping
in the near future. But surprisingly it’s not difficult to make your
mark in this industry. John Cook will show us the ends and outs of
getting started in the iPhone development world. We’ll go through an
overview of getting the SDK and tools needed for development and also
dive into an app and take a look a the code. Come get you feet wet in
the world of iPhone development. http://ipsaonline.org/april-event-rsvp

April 13th
Join us for a little meet and greet social at The Garage Cafe
http://www.garagecafe.us at 8 p.m. April
13. Peter will be there as well and all of our friends from the PRSA,
PRCA and Social Media Club of Birmingham to welcome Peter to town with
a beverage and some mingling.

April 14th
SMC, PRSA, PRCA
"The NEW Art of Networking" with guest speaker Peter Shankman. 11:45
am. More info: http://tr.im/psinal Just be sure to RSVP BEFORE April 7
as space is limited! Alabama Power Metro Auditorium,1313 6th Avenue
North, Birmingham, AL

April 27th
Social Media Club Workshop
Monday April 27, 2009 from 9:00am - 5:00pm, McWane Science Center
Event site: http://smcwbirmingham.eventbrite.com/
If you are trying to understand why Social Media is such a hot topic
and what your organization should be doing about it, you want to learn
from the people who know best. Those people are the members of Social
Media Club, and this is your chance to attend a workshop hosted by
professionals from around the world.

Each workshop has a slightly different focus and flavor, and each
workshop is hosted by a different group of leaders. But each workshop
is designed with you in mind, so you not only learn from lectures, but
through conversations and interactions with the leaders. Speakers will
include Chris Heuer, Scott Schablow, Ike Pigott and Mack Collier.

May 2, 2009
BarCampBirmingham is a user generated conference created around an
open, participatory workshop-event, with content provided by
participants. Those participating choose the session topics for the
day and then present to each other. It's free. It's fun. It's a great
way to meet the local technology community.
Location: Innovation Depot Visit http://www.barcampbirmingham.org to
sign up to attend, propose sessions and learn more about
BarCampBirmingham.

May 21st
Social Media Club Birmingham meeting location TBD.
Andrew Keen, author of the book The Cult of the Amateur: How Today's
Internet is Killing Our Culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Keen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cult_of_the_Amateur

August 20th Tentative
TechBirmingham TechUniversity

August 21 & 22 Tentative
Social South - A social media conference in the Deep South

September 26 & 27
WordCamp Birmingham 2

###

Jeremy Flint

Apr 6, 2009, 5:07:53 PM4/6/09
to Social Media Club Birmingham
We have opened up registration for BarCampBirmingham3. If you are
interested in attending and/or presenting, visit the site. We are also
still looking for sponsorships to cover lunch, t-shirts, equipment
rental, etc. You can also follow us on Twitter @barcampbham.

- Jeremy Flint
twitter.com/jeremyflint

On Apr 6, 3:48 pm, sschablow <ScottSchab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a lot of activity in the metro area over the next few months.
> Here's the list as it stands so far:
>
> Thursday, April 9th, 11:30am-1pm
> (Networking 11:30-noon; Program noon – 1pm)
> Innovation Depot (1500 1st Ave N, map ) Free to attend; lunch $10
> iPhone app development is big business right now and shows no stopping
> in the near future. But surprisingly it’s not difficult to make your
> mark in this industry. John Cook will show us the ends and outs of
> getting started in the iPhone development world. We’ll go through an
> overview of getting the SDK and tools needed for development and also
> dive into an app and take a look a the code. Come get you feet wet in
> the world of iPhone development.http://ipsaonline.org/april-event-rsvp
>
> April 13th
> Join us for a little meet and greet social at The Garage Cafehttp://www.garagecafe.usat 8 p.m. April
> 13. Peter will be there as well and all of our friends from the PRSA,
> PRCA and Social Media Club of Birmingham to welcome Peter to town with
> a beverage and some mingling.
>
> April 14th
> SMC, PRSA, PRCA
> "The NEW Art of Networking" with guest speaker Peter Shankman. 11:45
> am. More info:http://tr.im/psinalJust be sure to RSVP BEFORE April 7
> Internet is Killing Our Culturehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Keenhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cult_of_the_Amateur

Vickie Tolbert

Apr 6, 2009, 6:34:13 PM4/6/09
to smc-...@googlegroups.com
Dang, I can't come! Hope the presentations will be posted after.
Thanks,
Vickie

David Sher

Apr 7, 2009, 7:08:28 AM4/7/09
to smc-...@googlegroups.com
Help.

I am unable to get to the Alabama Public Relations site to register for
Peter Shankman.

Any ideas?

David Sher
AmSher Receivables Management
Cell: 205-222-7775
www.AmSher.com

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidsher

On Apr 6, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Jeremy Flint wrote:

> We have opened up registration for BarCampBirmingham3. If you are
> interested in attending and/or presenting, visit the site. We are also
> still looking for sponsorships to cover lunch, t-shirts, equipment
> rental, etc. You can also follow us on Twitter @barcampbham.
>
> - Jeremy Flint
> twitter.com/jeremyflint
>
> On Apr 6, 3:48 pm, sschablow <ScottSchab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's a lot of activity in the metro area over the next few months.
>> Here's the list as it stands so far:
>>
>> Thursday, April 9th, 11:30am-1pm
>> (Networking 11:30-noon; Program noon - 1pm) Innovation Depot (1500
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.