Your Help Is Needed!

sschablow

Jan 20, 2009, 3:01:31 PM1/20/09
to Social Media Club Birmingham
http://socialmediaclub.pbwiki.com/Birmingham

Social Media Club Birmingham

Volunteers
The Social Media Club Birmingham Area is looking for help shaping the
future of social media in Birmingham. We have identified several roles
that we needed support filling. These people form the leadership team
of the Birmingham group. If you'd be interested in helping one of
them, please send an email to scottschablow [at] gmail [dot] com. And
your input on these roles is welcome.

Programming Director - Scott Schablow Email: smcbirmingham [at] gmail
[dot] com
At the heart of the Social Media Club is great interactive events. The
Programming Director manages all aspects of the activity calendar for
the Birmingham club. This person is responsible for:
* Developing and managing the schedule of events, including
regular (monthly) public meetings and planning meetings
* Identifying topics for upcoming events
* Coordinating with the Partnership Director to secure speakers
and identify venues for each event
* Securing speaker bios
* Preparing the event program for each public event, including
agenda, directions and other special instructions
*Hand off event program to Promotions Director for publicity and
Production Director for planning and coordination of event

Partnership Director - TBD
Our activities wouldn't be possible without partners. We partner with
other businesses and organizations to find topics, speakers and venues
for future activities. The Partnership Director manages the
relationships with the national Social Media Club parent organization,
other important social media organizations (both national and local),
as well as with local businesses and organizations interested in
sponsoring or hosting upcoming activities. This person is responsible
for:
* Managing relationships with SNCR and other national and local
social media-related organizations
* Build and maintain relationships with, and identify co-
sponsorship opportunities with, local marketing and technology
organizations
* Identifying and managing the relationships with past and future
event sponsors, co-sponsors and venues
* Coordinating with the Programming Director to find appropriate
time slots, topics and venues for partner-sponsored events
* Coordinating with the Production Director to identify speaker
and sponsor needs for each event

Promotions Director - TBD
Promotion is key to the ultimate success of our organization--and the
earlier the better! This person is reponsible for:
* Managing the Social Media Club Chicago web pages, including the
blog, wiki, forums and email list
* Coordinating with Programming Director to secure program agenda
for each event
* Promoting future events through all the above-named channels
* Publicizing future events through online and traditional
channels
* Writing and sending around recaps of each public meeting
* Recording, publishing and sharing audio and video from events

Production Director - TBD
This person is responsible for all aspects of event execution,
including:
* Assuming responsibility for event program from Programming
Director
* Scheduling and managing planning meetings with event sponsors
and speakers
* Managing on-site signage, video, audio and lighting
* Coordinating food and drink with event sponsors and/or venue
* Staffing and managing event registration
* Maintaining the master member list
* Managing development and collection of feedback forms
* Managing giveaways and all-other on-site activities

Membership Director - TBD
The membership director is responsible for three important roles:
* Managing the master membership list of the Birmingham Social
Media Club
* Promoting local membership in the national Social Media Club
organization
* Managing the relationship with the national Social Media Club
organization

Digital Scribe
One or more people responsible for recording and blogging events.

Director At-Large - TBD

As the group develops, other roles may be identified. Your
suggestions are welcome. Thank you! Again, if you'd like to volunteer
for these or other roles with the Birmingham group, please email
kristiewells [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

Dennis Nichols

Jan 20, 2009, 5:52:49 PM1/20/09
to smc-...@googlegroups.com, ScottS...@gmail.com
Scott,

Looking forward to seeing you on at the Wednesday meeting. I would like
to get truly involved with the SMC, and will do anything to help. I did
see a request for volunteers...and am willing to take on the partnership
director position. This is the one area I can help, given my my
background. If anything, let me know what else I can do to contribute.
Dennis Nichols
www.zeekeeinteractive.com
613.4378