GitHub / TinyMVC

Croydon

Jan 10, 2015, 5:35:36 PM1/10/15
to smarty-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm a little bit confused when I'm looking at the Smarty GitHub organisation. There is a "smarty", a "smarty-old", a "smarty-sav", a "smarty-svn" and a "smarty4" repository.
Could somebody please explain me what the purpose of each of them is?

Isn't the development of Smarty completely moved to Github? If yes, then smarty-svn as a clone wouldn't be needed anymore? Also the linking to the "Smarty-SVN" mailinglist could be removed on the website then. On GitHub it's possible to subscribe to RSS-Feeds, e.g. https://github.com/smarty-php/smarty/commits/master.atom
Also of course all svn notes on the website could be replaced then.

Anyway, I know this is the Smarty mailinglist, but there isn't existing such a thing for TinyMVC and the forum isn't useable. The development of TinyMVC seems pretty much dead, is there still an interest in developing it? If yes, I would also suggest to move it to GitHub, to hopefully motivate some people to contribute and maybe to make it more popular. For the forum spam problematic: You also don't have these problems within the Smarty forum, so why there? Maybe it would be an option to merge both forums, e. g. create a subforum for TinyMVC in the Smarty forum.

If more help in general is wanted it could be an idea to publish the websites in a GitHub repo too, to get also some contribution here. It's possible to set it up the way that when somebody of the smarty/tinyMVC-team is pushing commits to the master branch, the website server clone the latest version of GitHub.

Have a nice day.
Croydon

uwe.tews

Jan 10, 2015, 6:55:34 PM1/10/15
to smarty-d...@googlegroups.com
The Smarty GitHub organisation is still a bit in transition.

The "smarty" reprository is the new reprository for the distribution.
It  does contain the Smarty 2  versions starting at 2.6.24 and Smarty 3.1 versions starting at 3.1.11.
Older versions will be no longer supported here.
The distributions can be installed also by composer "smarty/smarty".

The "smarty-lexer" reprository does contain the lexer / parser generation tools corresponding to the Smarty versions in "smarty".

The "smarty-phpunit" reprository is currently in transition. It will contain PHPUnit tests corresponding to the Smarty versions in "smarty".

Before we started officially on GitHub there was an experimental "smarty" reprository.
It had different structure. A couple of user forks did exists which we did not want to break at this time.
For that reason it was renamed to "smarty-old". It will be deleted later.

Some other reprositories had been used while we moved things around and will be deleted.