Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Karel S.

Mar 16, 2010, 6:15:27 AM3/16/10
to Smarty Developers
We have a plugin for banners, something like this:

{banner type="bla"}

I made a typo last time:

{banners type="bla"}

And Smarty says:

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on
line 0

I did some testing, Smarty throws this with every error:

{bla bla} or {$product.name|url} (modifier that doesn't exist)

Gives me that same error.

Karel S.

Mar 16, 2010, 6:16:11 AM3/16/10
to Smarty Developers
I use the latest SVN version.

uwe.tews

Mar 16, 2010, 3:07:53 PM3/16/10
to Smarty Developers
I don't see this kind of error. Do you use a custom exception handler?

insekticid

Mar 16, 2010, 4:03:28 PM3/16/10
to smarty-d...@googlegroups.com
What is your version of PHP? Try the newest version 5.3.2

Steve E

Mar 17, 2010, 6:09:22 AM3/17/10
to Smarty Developers
I often have this error, for the following reason.

I have created a Controller class. To assign a variable to smarty I
call $myView->getSmarty()->assign(...) - the getSmarty() function
creates the Smarty object if it doesn't exist, and returns the object
itself and the assign is then called.

I then either call display() or fetch explicitly, or if they haven't
been called and the Smarty object exists, the class __destruct() calls
$getSmarty()->display().

As I am in the __destruct() part of the class, the object now doesn't
exist. If there now is an exception for any reason at all, the error
is "Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on
line 0" as PHP no longer has a reference to pass on.

So my advice is to look whether the context exist that you are calling
Smarty from.

Steve

Karel S.

Mar 17, 2010, 5:23:05 PM3/17/10
to Smarty Developers
@uwe

No custom exception handler.

@insekticid

5.3 is to new, we follow the 5.2.x branch.

uwe.tews

Mar 17, 2010, 6:18:30 PM3/17/10
to Smarty Developers
Karel

I tested once again with a fresh copy from the SVN. I can't reproduce
the problem.

Did you try to install a new copy?

Uwe

Karel S.

Mar 25, 2010, 11:17:55 AM3/25/10
to Smarty Developers
I did some more testing but I can't reproduce it anymore. Very strange.

Constantin Iliescu

Dec 16, 2013, 2:40:35 AM12/16/13
to smarty-d...@googlegroups.com
It's an old thread, but I just faced this error, so maybe this would help someone.
It occurred because disk free space was zero.