Gtk-CRITIACL error when launching SmartSVN 14 for the (almost) first time

Jack Turner

Feb 21, 2022, 1:45:02 AM2/21/22
to SmartSVN
I'm running Oracle Linux 7.9 server. I expanded the SmartSVN 14 files into /opt/smartsvn. Initially, when I first ran ../bin/smartsvn.sh, the install configuration ran just fine. However, I had another program install that crashed TigerVPN and made Gnome unstable. Rather than reinstall the entire OS, I made an SSH connection to the server as root, uninstalled "Server with GUI" and TigerVPN, and then reinstalled them. I tried running ../bin/smartsvn.sh again, and now I'm getting this error:
(SmartSVN:15427): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 20:10;43:916: gtk_distribute_natural_allocation: assertion 'extra_space >= 0' failed and the program hangs.

I tried deleting the entire /opt/smartsvn folder and running tar again to extract the compressed file to this directory for a fresh copy, but I'm getting the same error.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might try to get SmartSVN running again?

SmartSVN Support

Feb 21, 2022, 2:10:28 AM2/21/22
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

Please try older versions of SmartSVN from

https://www.smartsvn.com/download/archive

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer