Export revision number to file automatically?

Jeffrey Hein

Aug 14, 2021, 4:46:28 AM8/14/21
to SmartSVN
Hello!

I'm wondering whether SmartSVN can automatically write the revision number to a file after a successful commit/update operation? I would like to be able to have my software read the contents of this file and use it to inform the user what version of the program they are using.

I'm looking to migrate from TortoiseSVN, and in that system, there are these things called hook scripts that execute post-commit and post-update. I have them run a batch file that uses a command line command "subwcrev" that uses $WCREV$ and $WCDATE$ parameters to identify the repository's revision number and latest update date. Something like this in SmartSVN would be fantastic if it existed!

Thanks for your help!

Jefff