Re: [smartsvn] Digest for smartsvn@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

myjw72

Feb 14, 2023, 1:13:10 PM2/14/23
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I could resolve that issue.

I think SVN should support utf-8 or utf-16 characters because it is needed to work with chinese characters. But finally I figured out that file names and directory names doesn't have special letters like "ü" or "ä" we use in German. After my rework of whole directory trees the import to repository works.

Is where any options that SVN can accept this type of German letters too?

Thanks 👍

<smar...@googlegroups.com> schrieb am Di., 31. Jan. 2023, 01:36:
jens w <myj...@googlemail.com>: Jan 29 08:39AM -0800

Hello

On my mac (venture 13.2) I did install smartsvn version 14.2.2 #13030.
After I have created a snv directory inclusive repository folder containing
a trunk folder. Next the selected folder to import in the repository was
used from a working copy of a snv database from 2018. But inside I cant see
any traces to identify it was used with a older svn version. Anyway to
start the import to the repository the follow popup stops the procedure.

[image: popup_repos.jpg]

How can I overcome this problem? Maybe it is possible to ignore this fault
somehow via terminal command line input. Does somebody know how can I deal
it?

Thank’s, Jens
SmartSVN Support <smar...@smartsvn.com>: Jan 30 11:25AM +0100

> After I have created a snv directory inclusive repository folder containing
> a trunk folder. Next the selected folder to import in the repository was
> used from a working copy of a snv database from 2018.

Does this folder contain any ".svn" directories? These have to be removed before invoking the Import. Please have a backup of these folders before.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz