ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body

Bugged

Sep 22, 2018, 1:32:14 AM9/22/18
to SmartSVN
As explained on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19218445/tortoisesvn-checkout-failed-error-svn-e120106-ra-serf-the-server-sent-a-trunc
> The data sent is too big and the server closes the connection due to reaching a limit.

My remote repository is too big and when I try to build the local cache, it fails: https://i.imgur.com/xEvflH9.png

Processing Command
An error occurred while processing an SVN command.
ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.

As I cannot reconfigure the remote server to increase the time out, the only way to sync it, is to restart the process from the last point. For example, to clone the repository, I had to do:

svn checkout url
ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.
svn cleanup
svn update // continues the checkout from the last point

Can the SmartSVN cache construction to restart from the last point where it received `ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.`?

If I hit select the repository and hit Log, SmartSVN tries to continue caching the repository dada, but without any progress, it fails with:

Processing Command
An error occurred while processing an SVN command.
The XML response contains invalid XML Malformed XML: no element found

The issue of `ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body` also affects the SmartSVN checkout, i.e., I cannot do the checkout with SmartSVN because after some time, the repository fails with `ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body` and SmartSVN stops to process and there is no way to recover and continue fetching.

Can SmartSVN detects this `ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body` and automatically create a new connection with the server and continue fetching data from the last point?

This would be useful to fix the checkout and the cache build.
2018-09-21_17-12_Processing Command.png
2018-09-21_17-27_Downloads.png
2018-09-21_17-28_.png

SmartSVN Support

Sep 25, 2018, 3:03:59 AM9/25/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Could you reproduce the problem on a public repository, too, so I have something to try myself?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer