Smart SVN is not working with new macOS update (Big Sur) 11.0 Beta (20A4300b)

PARTEEK PASSI

Jul 22, 2020, 1:55:46 PM7/22/20
to SmartSVN
I have just updated my macOS to Big Sur. Now Smart SVN has stopped working. when I click on smart svn icon , it doesn't open the application (it does nothing).
immediately after macOS update, when I clicked on smart svn icon it showed alert dialog attached with this post. but after that it even doesn't show that dialog and does nothing.
According to my analysis Smart SVN needs to be updated to be configured for new macOS  Big Sur 11.0 Beta (20A4300b).

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 3.29.42 PM.png

SmartSVN Support

Jul 22, 2020, 2:31:32 PM7/22/20
to smar...@googlegroups.com
That is no surprise because SmartSVN 11 only supports macOS up to 10.14 - as stated on the download page. However you may try SmartSVN 12 preview from

https://www.smartsvn.com/preview/

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/7443b94e-b1b4-4a5e-9342-4910b86b4d83o%40googlegroups.com.

Mark Grimshaw-Aagaard

Dec 19, 2020, 7:46:51 AM12/19/20
to SmartSVN
The preview 14.1 (Preview 1) is not working either (just the SmartSVN menu and nothing else). I notice SmartGit is compatible with OSX11 but am puzzled why there is no news on when SmartSVN will be working with Big Sur.

SmartSVN Support

Dec 21, 2020, 6:52:43 AM12/21/20
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Do you have problem using SmartSVN 14.0.2 on final macOS Big Sur?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/82ecc8b2-cca1-46d6-bb57-ad6cfed7bc88n%40googlegroups.com.

Mark Grimshaw-Aagaard

Dec 21, 2020, 8:53:12 AM12/21/20
to SmartSVN
Thanks for the response Thomas,

On this site:
I can only find preview 14.1. I'll happily test the next preview if you can direct ime to it.

Regards,

Mark

SmartSVN Support

Dec 21, 2020, 10:30:10 AM12/21/20
to smar...@googlegroups.com
What problems you have with SmartSVN 14.0.2 or 14.1 preview 1 on macOS 11.0.1?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/b52267c7-55c2-4573-9322-2b44a79b4a17n%40googlegroups.com.

Mark Grimshaw-Aagaard

Dec 21, 2020, 11:08:34 AM12/21/20
to SmartSVN
Hi Thomas,

As noted above, with 14.1, I get just the SmartSVN menu and nothing else. I have not yet found a link to download 14.0.1.

Mark

Mark Grimshaw-Aagaard

Dec 21, 2020, 11:10:23 AM12/21/20
to SmartSVN
. . . and, just to be sure, I have subversion (re)installed for Big Sur – I can use it as CLI.

Mark

SmartSVN Support

Dec 21, 2020, 12:22:34 PM12/21/20
to smar...@googlegroups.com
SmartSVN 14 can be downloaded from

<https://www.smartsvn.com/download/>

The installed SVN is irrelevant for SmartSVN. It uses its own SVN libraries.

That's unexpected. Please zip and send ~/Library/Preferences/SmartSVN/14/logs/ to sup...@smartsvn.com - maybe it contains a clue. Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/4a9480d1-87f0-4bc7-a79e-951b64b3f455n%40googlegroups.com.

Mark Grimshaw-Aagaard

Dec 21, 2020, 12:29:23 PM12/21/20
to SmartSVN
I've tried both the official download on the link you give and the 14.1 preview.

In ~/Library/Preferences/SmartSVN/ I have only folders for 6.6 and 11. Nothing for 14.

Tried downloading and installing/running the official v14 and nothing appears in ~/Library/Preferences/SmartSVN/ for 14.

Mark

pat caruthers

Jan 6, 2021, 3:25:28 AM1/6/21
to SmartSVN
I was having a similar problem with the preview not working - I eventually uninstalled SmartSVN and re-installed the preview and then the app started working.