ANN: SmartSVN 11 has been released

SmartSVN GmbH

Nov 21, 2018, 6:44:57 AM11/21/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are happy to announce the official release of SmartSVN 11 which is
compatible to SVN 1.11. Version 10 (compatible to SVN 1.10) has been
skipped because the new, quick SVN team release schedule.

The most important new changes are:
- SVN 1.11 compatibility
- commits to fixed-revision externals will increase the configured
revision, too
- Linux: GTK3 is now mandatory
- support for 32-bit operating systems has been dropped
- a lot of smaller improvements, e.g. improved file compare

More detailed list of changes:
<https://www.smartsvn.com/documents/smartsvn/changelog.txt>

Download:
<https://www.smartsvn.com/download>

Customers either get the update for free (if the free update period
shows November-21-2018 or later) or can purchase an update license for a
reduced price at

<https://www.smartsvn.com/purchase>

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

morten...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2018, 2:27:29 AM12/5/18
to SmartSVN
> We are happy to announce the official release of SmartSVN 11 which is
> compatible to SVN 1.11. Version 10
Congrats to the release, but I see two issues already and hope you can help me:

1.) Since you are using SVN 1.11.0, an SVN checkout from GitHub is no longer possible and errors with unsupported WebDAV protocol:

Can't create session
Unable to connect to repository at URL
[any HTTPS based SVN URL]
RA layer didn't receive requested OPTIONS info
The server at
[any HTTPS based SVN URL] does
not support the HTTP/DAV protocol.

This seems to be a bug in SVN, but it is nasty as the user cannot switch to an old SVN executable (1.10.x) which is working OK.
Seems to be a known error, e.g. see here:
https://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2018-11/0026.shtml

2.) I don't find the nest in system tray option anymore. Is it gone? If so, why? Starting up SmartSVN is time-consuming compared to having it nested in the tray.

I hope you can help me.

SmartSVN Support

Dec 5, 2018, 6:15:20 AM12/5/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten,

Thank you for reporting. It looks like it depends on the configuration of the https servers, because ours works fine.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

morten...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 4:32:20 AM12/17/18
to SmartSVN
> Thank you for reporting. It looks like it depends on the configuration of the https servers, because ours works fine.

Yes, it looks like that. Unfortunately its not working for any Github repo used through the SVN interface. But it seems you do everything compliant to Subversion.

Please allow me two more questions:
1.) I assume its not possible for the user to spcify a svn executable (I've seen similar in SmartGIT)?

SmartSVN Support

Dec 17, 2018, 9:47:26 AM12/17/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten,

> 1.) I assume its not possible for the user to spcify a svn executable (I've seen
> similar in SmartGIT)?

No, we are not using SVN executables, but rather JavaHL libraries, but internally they should be based on the same code, except that you can't easily switch them.

> 2.) I don't find the nest in system tray option anymore. Is it gone?

You can find it in the section "Low-level properties" as "systemtray.enabled".

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/0255e25b-345e-4de0-b1e2-aa3d96ec455d%40googlegroups.com.

morten...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2019, 6:18:07 AM1/7/19
to SmartSVN
> > 2.) I don't find the nest in system tray option anymore. Is it gone?
>
> You can find it in the section "Low-level properties" as "systemtray.enabled".
Just one last thing: I found this options but while in SmartGIT it works, in SmartSVN its being ignored. At least I don't get SmartSVN to sit in the tray at all. :-(

SmartSVN Support

Jan 7, 2019, 12:27:17 PM1/7/19
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten,

You will need to launch smartsvn.exe with the command line parameter "--server-mode".

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer