Sprite image doesn't generates

Kostas Kitmanov

Nov 18, 2014, 1:36:57 AM11/18/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

This is probably something stupid is missed by me, but I can't figure what.

I'm calling SmartSpites like that:
./smartsprites.sh --css-files /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser.css

in browser.css there are following lines:
/** sprite: mysprite; sprite-image: url('./mysprite.png'); sprite-layout: vertical */ at the top of file
background-image: url(../img/feature-overlay.png); /** spriteref: mysprite; */
background-image: url('../img/btn_download.png'); /** spriteref: mysprite; */
Image files are existing and current user can read them.

And here is SmartSprites output:
INFO: Reading sprite image directives from /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser.css
INFO: Reading sprite reference directives from /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser.css
INFO: Creating CSS style sheet: /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser-sprite.css
INFO: Reading CSS from /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser.css
INFO: Writing CSS to /home/konstantin/<long project path>/browser-sprite.css
STATUS: SmartSprites processing completed in 96 ms
No warnings, as you can see.

browser-sprite.css appears, but it has /** spriteref: mysprite; */ directives intact and no new png files anywhere I looked. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Stanislaw Osinski

Nov 18, 2014, 2:53:12 AM11/18/14
to SmartSprites CSS Sprite Generator Users and Developers
Hi Kostas,

Would you be able to share the CSS/images you're processing so that I can reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Stanislaw

Kostas Kitmanov

Nov 18, 2014, 6:46:01 AM11/18/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a test case with 1 css (min/browser.css), cut down to minimum, and 2 pngs.
Even when I delete either of background-image properties, sprite still doesn't get generated.

smart-sprites test.zip

Stanislaw Osinski

Nov 19, 2014, 4:13:55 AM11/19/14
to SmartSprites CSS Sprite Generator Users and Developers
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for the example files. If you change "spriteref" into "sprite-ref":

background-image: url(../img/feature-overlay.png); /** sprite-ref: mysprite; */

then you should see the sprites generated.

Stanislaw
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to smartsprites-css-sprit...@googlegroups.com.

Kostas Kitmanov

Nov 19, 2014, 4:27:42 AM11/19/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stanislaw,

I suspected it was something stupid:( Thank you for your time.