Ready for production use

Aaron Molinsky

Jul 30, 2014, 7:51:18 AM7/30/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
I've seen that SmartSprites is in alpha stadiun. Can it still safely be used for production in an enterprise application/website?

Chris Domigam

Aug 4, 2014, 3:41:24 AM8/4/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
I use it on a large production system. Absolutely ready for enterprise use.

Chris

On 30/07/2014, at 11:51 pm, Aaron Molinsky <xva...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I've seen that SmartSprites is in alpha stadiun. Can it still safely be used for production in an enterprise application/website?

Stanislaw Osinski

Aug 4, 2014, 3:45:08 AM8/4/14
to SmartSprites CSS Sprite Generator Users and Developers
Hi Aaron,

Several people use SmartSprites for production projects, so you can probably give it a try. The risk is limited to some extent because SmartSprites is a static tool, so all bugs should be possible to catch during development and QA of your application.

One downside is that I currently don't have much time to actively develop SmartSprites, so you may need to rely on GitHub forks or do some coding yourself to get new features.

Stanislaw

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 4, 2014, 8:44:10 AM8/4/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your replies. I think we'll put SmartSprites through a small evaluation and see if it fits our needs.