How process css files with different ending?

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 6, 2014, 9:50:47 AM8/6/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Some of my css files look like this:

foo.isml

...instead of foo.css.

Is there a way to reconfigure SmartSprites and tell it to also process all files that end with .isml?

Stanislaw Osinski

Aug 7, 2014, 8:38:56 AM8/7/14
to SmartSprites CSS Sprite Generator Users and Developers
Hi Aaron,

Have you tried using the alternative task in the Ant script shown here:

It allows you to specify a file set with the CSS files to be processed.

Stanislaw

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 11, 2014, 3:31:45 AM8/11/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
Our project heavily relies on Maven. There is no ant process involved.

Are there any other solutions?

- Timo

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 11, 2014, 5:13:25 AM8/11/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 11, 2014, 9:41:02 AM8/11/14
to smartsprites-css...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use the cssfiles XML-Element from Jangaroo like this:

        <configuration>

<rootDirPath>src/main</rootDirPath>

<cssFiles>

<cssFile>src/main/css/isml-styles.isml</cssFile>

</cssFiles>

<outputDirPath>src/main/sprites</outputDirPath>

<documentRootDirPath></documentRootDirPath>

</configuration>

But after running "maven install" it will still only process files that end with .css - All other files remain untouched.

Why is that so?

Ps.: I already tried changing to a relative path like this:
          <rootDirPath>src/main</rootDirPath>

<cssFiles>

<cssFile>css/isml-styles.isml</cssFile>

</cssFiles>

... but no effect.

- Timo

Stanislaw Osinski

Aug 11, 2014, 4:35:33 PM8/11/14
to SmartSprites CSS Sprite Generator Users and Developers
Hi,

The Maven plugin was written by someone else, I'm not really experienced in that area.

Looking quickly through the source code of the plugin, I see there's an extra undocumented option called "workingMode", which should be set to "cssFilesMode" for arbitrary CSS file names to work:

Again, that's just based on a quick glance at the source code, I didn't try that in practice. You may want to clarify the details with the plugin author (and, ideally, post your findings here :-) ).

Thanks,

Stanislaw

Aaron Molinsky

Aug 12, 2014, 6:47:07 AM8/12/14