NGO proposes to make studies at VMC schools an interesting affair

Vikas Vadodara

Jul 15, 2013, 6:50:54 AM7/15/13

NGO proposes to make studies at VMC schools an interesting affair

Sachin Sharma, TNN | Jul 13, 2013, 05.20 AM IST

VADODARA: If an NGO has its way, then the way students look at primary schools of Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) may change significantly. This NGO is looking to rope in experts as volunteers, who will plan and execute activities that motivate the children to look forward to going to the school and make it a happy experience.

The NGO, Vikas Vadodara, is enlisting volunteers, who have experience in child education and development to chart out a plan for activities atVMC schools. This will also motivate teachers at these schools and introduce them to innovative means of imparting education at the schools.

"Absenteeism of students is a common problem as students do not find it interesting to go to school. For many, the mid-day meal is major motivation, but beyond that they find it difficult to spend time there. We want to address this issue in coordination with the VMC," said Zoher Doctor from the NGO.

The NGO has already started the process of preparing a proposal for the programme. Doctor said this will then be put up before the VMC's primary education committee functionaries for their approval.

Chairman of the committee Keyur Rokadiya said NGOs conducted programmes from time to time at the VMC schools. "We examine their proposals and based on their merits, allow them to come to work with our students. Also, there are organizations that are working with us for longer periods," he said.

Doctor said it had also come to light that many students found it difficult to cope up with studies once they were out of the primary schools and joined another school on reaching standard nine. "We will try to address this problem too so that they can compete with other students in the secondary schools," he added.

--

With Warm Regards

Zoher Doctor / Vikas Trust

Founder & Managing Trustee

Display Center & Sales Outlet: Nr. Gajanand Chambers, Vej Market, Opp. GEB, Fatehgunj, Vadodara 390002 Guj India

Registered Address: 402, Bholesai Apt., Bh. Emperor, Parsi St, Fatehgunj, Vadodara 390002  GUJ  INDIA

Direct: +91 9824063400 / +91 9227896904

Office: +91 265 6553344

You may like to visit

Our Web Site http://www.vikastrust.org/ or
Face book page www.facebook.com/vikastrustngo to know about our activities

Some of the videos of our activities are uploaded on YouTube, which u may like to watch

Check out the VIKAS TRUST Activities

Media Coverage of the inauguration of DISPLAY CENTER & SALES OUTLET

What the Auto Rickshaw Beneficiaries has to say

Lets convert farm labours to skill workers

Picking up the beneficiaries of M S University- Polytechnic for tailoring / stitching work