Rebase confirmation dialog

Paul Du Bois

Jan 11, 2021, 8:07:53 PMJan 11
to SmartGit
This has been a small irritation for a while. After resolving conflicts and staging changes, I hit the "Continue..." button
rebase-1.png
which pops up a dialog
rebase-2.png
the conflict resolution process already has a lot of steps -- open conflict solver, use it, save, close, select "yes, stage the results". This dialog doesn't seem necessary.

If the purpose is to guide the user to "continue after resolving conflicts", it shouldn't come up unless there are unresolved conflicts / unstaged files.

If the purpose is to request confirmation before a dangerous operation, the operation is already  not easy to trigger accidentally, and also not so dangerous.

Can this be smoothed out a bit, either by default or with a low-level property?

syntevo Support

Jan 12, 2021, 3:22:35 AMJan 12
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paul,

> Can this be smoothed out a bit, either by default or with a low-level
> property?

The dialog already became optional for upcoming 21.1 preview.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/e9c35c97-b159-446a-b4fb-86b1e0c13974n%40googlegroups.com.

Paul Du Bois

Jan 13, 2021, 5:57:15 PMJan 13
to SmartGit
Nice; looking forward to it!

Paul Du Bois

Apr 1, 2021, 6:22:46 PMApr 1
to SmartGit
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 12:22:35 AM UTC-8 syntevo Support wrote:
The dialog already became optional for upcoming 21.1 preview.

Hi; I'm on 21.1 preview 4 #17067. I can't find an option (or a low-level option) that removes the dialog; can you give me a pointer?

Thanks,