change lost after pull/rebase?

Allen Curtis

May 11, 2021, 11:23:20 AMMay 11
to SmartGit
Hello,

I just had a very strange problem. I committed 5 files in a commit. Then I pulled the repo which had a single line change in one of the files from that commit. This generated a conflict on that file. IIRC, smartgit attempted to perform a rebase merge. Apparently I chose the wrong file and the result of the rebase was that all my changes to the file were lost, leaving only the changes from the remote. This is fine *BUT* it looks like my changes are completely lost. It is like somehow file was removed from my original commit with no record of the version I committed in the log!

It looks like I just found my changes. They are in a "Recyclable Commit"? Can someone please explain?

Thanks

syntevo Support

May 11, 2021, 1:45:32 PMMay 11
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> It looks like I just found my changes. They are in a "Recyclable Commit"?
> Can someone please explain?

That is how Git/rebase works:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Rebasing

--