Smart GIT - $Log $ feature?

Pavan Kumar Puvvala

May 6, 2021, 10:17:45 AMMay 6
to SmartGit
Hi,

In SmartCVS or in Eclipse, there is an option to create a file with keyword substitution "kkv". And if I place the $Log: $ in my source file (usually in comments section), as shown below
/*
* $Log: ApplicationModule.java,v $
*/

I could see all my commit comments in my source file. Is there a similar option in SmartGIT?

We are migrating from CVS to Github and planning to use SmartGit client.

Thanks,
Pavan

syntevo Support

May 7, 2021, 4:16:03 AMMay 7
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> In SmartCVS or in Eclipse, there is an option to create a file with keyword
> substitution "kkv". And if I place the $Log: $ in my source file (usually
> in comments section), as shown below
> /*
> * $Log: ApplicationModule.java,v $
> */
>
> I could see all my commit comments in my source file. Is there a similar
> option in SmartGIT?

There is no such functionality in (Smart)Git which I'm aware of. But note that with Git you most likely won't need such functionality because you have all file history locally present and e.g. SmartGit's File Log (or a Blame) is a more powerful view of your file's history. You might also find following thread interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/git/comments/5osonh/git_alternative_to_cvs_log_inside_files/

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz