Is it possible to find a string in a version using log history

DJ

Jul 14, 2021, 1:15:16 AMJul 14
to SmartGit

For a selected file, I'm browsing through its changes using the log window.
I can see (jump to) what's been changed, but I would find a particular string within the versions I can see.
Is there a way of finding a string in the displayed file?  Whenever I try to search in that view, I am taken to the file filtering input box.

Cheers, DJ

syntevo Support

Jul 14, 2021, 3:57:07 AMJul 14
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> For a selected file, I'm browsing through its changes using the log window.

I guess you are already using the File Log?

> I can see (jump to) what's been changed, but I would find a particular
> string within the versions I can see.

You can use the Filter to search through all versions of the file, not only the versions you see.

> Is there a way of finding a string in the displayed file?

For the currently selected commit you can use Find in the Changes view (new in 21.1).

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz