Toggling a branch in [Branches] makes the list scroll/jump

Infinite Persistence

Aug 25, 2021, 4:13:31 PMAug 25
to SmartGit
21.1.1 #17142, installed: #17133

I don't know how to reproduce this reliably, but basically when I toggle a branch in [Branches], the list jumps randomly, typically pushing the highlighted branch off screen.

Other setup info:
  • No Git-flow configured.
  • Github integration configured.

syntevo Support

Aug 25, 2021, 4:50:33 PMAug 25
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> I don't know how to reproduce this reliably, but basically when I toggle a
> branch in [Branches], the list jumps randomly, typically pushing the
> highlighted branch off screen.

What your operating system and exact version? In case of Linux, what's your desktop manager?

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

08/25/2021 22:14 - Infinite Persistence wrote:

> 21.1.1 #17142, installed: #17133
>
> I don't know how to reproduce this reliably, but basically when I toggle a
> branch in [Branches], the list jumps randomly, typically pushing the
> highlighted branch off screen.
>
> Other setup info:
>
> - No Git-flow configured.
> - Github integration configured.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/df01cea9-9ec9-4e31-8e92-bd5d014914b2n%40googlegroups.com.

Infinite Persistence

Aug 26, 2021, 3:33:25 AMAug 26
to SmartGit
  • Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon running in a VMWare Workstation instance
  • Cinnamon 4.8.6
In the image, sometimes it jumps, sometimes it does not.

jumpy2.gif

Phil Beauvoir

Aug 27, 2021, 1:08:56 PMAug 27
to SmartGit
I get this on all platforms. It jumps to the local branch.

syntevo Support

Sep 1, 2021, 8:30:15 AMSep 1
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Please try to find out under what conditions it "jumps", e.g. if a refresh occurred because of external changes.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

08/27/2021 19:09 - Phil Beauvoir wrote:

> I get this on all platforms. It jumps to the local branch.
>
> On Thursday, 26 August 2021 at 08:33:25 UTC+1 inf.per...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > - Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon running in a VMWare Workstation instance
> > - Cinnamon 4.8.6
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/90f8b360-a8cf-401b-85f2-7156e4aa5e83n%40googlegroups.com.

Infinite Persistence

Sep 1, 2021, 3:30:07 PMSep 1
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Clone repo: g...@github.com:Ionaru/easy-markdown-editor.git
  2. Set up Github Integration
  3. Double-click [Branches] to make it full screen.
  4. In [Branches], expand "Tags", expand "Pull Requests".  The point here is to make [Branches] scrollable.
  5. Toggle the "master" branch.  [Branches] scrolled when it should not.
  6. Scroll all the way up.  Repeat steps 5 and 6.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SmartGit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/612f7255.1c69fb81.6c0f7.02a2SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN%40gmr-mx.google.com.

syntevo Support

Sep 2, 2021, 10:01:58 AMSep 2
to smar...@googlegroups.com
I can reproduce the problem only on Linux, not on Windows, so I reckon it might be an SWT/GDK problem.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

09/02/2021 11:03 - Infinite Persistence wrote:

> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Clone repo: g...@github.com:Ionaru/easy-markdown-editor.git
> 2. Set up Github Integration
> 3. Double-click [Branches] to make it full screen.
> 4. In [Branches], expand "Tags", expand "Pull Requests". The point here
> is to make [Branches] scrollable.
> 5. Toggle the "master" branch. [Branches] scrolled when it should not.
> 6. Scroll all the way up. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/CA%2B-ydquuCY9bhRRj5fLYw115RHwE3H7WdH1mRNxRQPsqBc6wiA%40mail.gmail.com.

Phil Beauvoir

Sep 2, 2021, 4:12:13 PMSep 2
to SmartGit
It happens to me on all platforms when I untick or tick a tracked branch in the remote section of the Branches tab where the corresponding branch is unticked in the "Local Branches" section.

syntevo Support

Sep 4, 2021, 1:44:37 PMSep 4
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Infinite Persistence,

Please give build 17148 a try (Help | Check for Latest Build). I've fixed a bug I could reproduce with Phil's instructions on Windows, too. Maybe it might also solve yours?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com

09/02/2021 11:03 - Infinite Persistence wrote:

> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Clone repo: g...@github.com:Ionaru/easy-markdown-editor.git
> 2. Set up Github Integration
> 3. Double-click [Branches] to make it full screen.
> 4. In [Branches], expand "Tags", expand "Pull Requests". The point here
> is to make [Branches] scrollable.
> 5. Toggle the "master" branch. [Branches] scrolled when it should not.
> 6. Scroll all the way up. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartgit/CA%2B-ydquuCY9bhRRj5fLYw115RHwE3H7WdH1mRNxRQPsqBc6wiA%40mail.gmail.com.

Infinite Persistence

Sep 4, 2021, 10:58:51 PMSep 4
to smar...@googlegroups.com
It reduces the chances of occurring, but still happens.  While I couldn't reproduce it with the steps I mentioned with easy-markdown-editor.git, the random-scroll happens again if I just scrolled down a bit before toggling.

syntevo Support

Sep 7, 2021, 11:48:36 AMSep 7
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> It reduces the chances of occurring, but still happens. While I couldn't
> reproduce it with the steps I mentioned with easy-markdown-editor.git, the
> random-scroll happens again if I just scrolled down a bit before toggling.

I guess the problem is gone when disabling the Github Integration? If so, we understand the root cause of the problem and the fix is scheduled for 22.1.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz