Function to find the common commit between branches?

Eric B

May 31, 2021, 11:54:53 AMMay 31
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way in the SmartGit log to quickly see/identify the common commit between two branches without having to scroll/trace through the branch view myself?

I have several different branches that I would like to identify where they branched from.  But it is a tedious task sometimes, particularly when the common commit may be quite old.

Thanks,

Eric

syntevo Support

May 31, 2021, 5:47:54 PMMay 31
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> Is there any way in the SmartGit log to quickly see/identify the common
> commit between two branches without having to scroll/trace through the
> branch view myself?

No, this is only possible by doing "visually" using e.g. the Mergeable Coloring (from the options menu of the Graph view).

There is a related RFE with suggested workarounds:

https://smartgit.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/400-

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz