Can't push a workflow action *.yml file to GitHub

Phil Beauvoir

Nov 14, 2020, 7:03:40 AM11/14/20
to SmartGit

Hi, I'm trying to push a workflow action *.yml file to GitHub from SmartGit. The logged message is:

Push: Not all refs have been pushed.;
! refs/heads/test:refs/heads/test [remote rejected] (refusing to allow an OAuth App to create or update workflow `.github/workflows/tests.yml` without `workflow` scope)

Is there something I can configure in SmartGit to allow this?

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Beauvoir

Nov 17, 2020, 7:31:07 AM11/17/20
to SmartGit
Thanks to the excellent support of the SmartGit team I have a solution to this issue.

Either use SmartGit 20.2 or change the OAuth scope defaults in Preferences, Low-Level Property "github.oauth.scopes" and change to "repo,user,workflow". The OAuth token will need to be regenerated from within SmartGit.

Cheers!

Phil

Phil Beauvoir

Jun 7, 2021, 3:53:37 AMJun 7
to SmartGit
Hi, this is no longer working. I'm using SG 20.25 and getting the error:

! refs/heads/test:refs/heads/test [remote rejected] (refusing to allow an OAuth App to create or update workflow `.github/workflows/tests.yml` without `workflow` scope)

The scopes for "github.oauth.scopes" are "repo,user,workflow"

Is there something else I need to do?

Phil

Phil Beauvoir

Jun 7, 2021, 4:04:34 AMJun 7
to SmartGit
Cancel that - I revoked SmartGit access on GitHub and re-generated access. It works now. :-)