TAB expansion not working

Michael Isberg

Apr 3, 2017, 8:42:38 PM4/3/17
to YASnippet Discussion Group
Hi,

When creating a new snippet with the M-x yas-new-snippet and saving it to default directory, ~/.emacs.d/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode/, then everything works fine.
But when changing the default folder to another one then expansion doesn't work.

I create my snippet in the same directory as above but under ~/.emacs.d/snippets/jinja-mode. When choosing menu YASnippet->Snippet menu behavior->Show all known modes I see the jinja-mode at the top and can expand if pressing on the menu item, but why doesn't tab expansion work?
The mode is Lisp Interaction yas. Do I have to be in a special Jinja mode?

I'm running GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.7).

Regards,

Michael

Anders Eurenius

Apr 4, 2017, 6:24:48 AM4/4/17
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yeah, you need to be in the mode that your snippet is for. There's a also an extra parent reference mechanism, but it doesn't look like that's involved here. (look for .yas-parents, for that)

For example, my lisp-interaction-mode has "defun" which wouldn't make sense in jinja2. In jinja2-mode, it has inherited from html and text, so "br" and "date" both work.

cheers
Anders