removing snippets -melpa installation

JAY JAY

Jun 12, 2015, 5:50:29 AM6/12/15
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I'm writing as I've been racking my head over the documentation and find it's very convoluted. It took me many google searches to finally save my custom snippet and have it work.

My question today is about removing existing snippets.. some of them are outdated and are interfering with my custom snippets. Could anyone help me understand how I can remove some of them? If this is too difficult, does anyone know how to remove them all so I can build all of my snippets myself? I've installed through Melpa, and so I'm guessing they are linked through the global Melpa packages. I've created a custom "snippets" directory in "~/elpa.d" where I create my new snippets. Was installing through Melpa the wrong way to do this for this problem?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jay

Anders Eurenius

Jun 14, 2015, 10:43:39 AM6/14/15
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
There's a variable called yas-snippet-dirs that should be a list of paths. It should be set to ~/.emacs.d/snippets, (elpa-install)/snippets as a default. Just customize / set it explicitly to somewhere sensible. Preferably somewhere that doesn't disappear when you upgrade yas. (i.e. outside your elpa dir. ~/.emacs.d/snippets is not a bad choice)