Behaviour of old prompt menu (using number keys to choose the snippet)

José Tomás Tocino

Aug 30, 2013, 12:02:16 PM8/30/13
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
Some years ago, when I used to yasnippet I could choose the snippet from the dropdown menu using the number keys.

For example, in C++ mode, I would type "inc", then press TAB, then press 2 to choose #include "...", or 1 to choose #include <...>. Now it does not work anymore, I have to manually select the option using the arrow keys, or the mouse.

Is there a way of fixing it?

João Távora

Aug 30, 2013, 12:22:19 PM8/30/13
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
I think you can get the old behaviour back if you follow the advice the yasnippet.el header. You have to get a recent version of dropdown-list somewhere from the internet, it isn't bundled anymore with yasnippet.el

;;   If you have `dropdown-list' installed, you can optionally use it
;;   as the preferred "prompting method", putting in your .emacs file,
;;   for example:
;;
;;       (require 'dropdown-list)
;;       (setq yas-prompt-functions '(yas-dropdown-prompt
;;                                    yas-ido-prompt
;;                                    yas-completing-prompt))

João Távora

José Tomás Tocino

Sep 2, 2013, 4:58:49 PM9/2/13
to smart-...@googlegroups.com