Epic FHIR Endpoints "Metadata"

Aditya Singh

Oct 10, 2022, 3:35:43 PM10/10/22
to SMART on FHIR
Hey all,

My team is working to build a patient portal integration with Epic's MyChart. We are building the SMART on FHIR integration, but we have found that we can only get the list of endpoint name and URLs.

Is there an easy way to access data about each endpoint's state/location information and a link to the logo? If not, we can probably scrape this information through other means, but before making a script, I wanted to check in with this group.

Thanks,
Aditya

Josh Mandel

Oct 11, 2022, 10:34:54 AM10/11/22
to Aditya Singh, SMART on FHIR
Just a quick note to say that the SMART on FHIR community is aware of these challenges, and we launched a project in Argonaut this year to try to address it: https://hackmd.io/@argonaut/patient-access-brands

We are hopeful that EHR vendors including Epic will develop support for this richer set of metadata, making it easier to find the right health care provider endpoint in third party applications.